Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hooray! My surgery is first thing tomorrow morning!! I'm very excited and nervous...I haven't packed one thing...it's been a strange day. I've been very tired (prob. due to the low cal liquid pre op) and I dont really know what I need for my hospital visit. It's supposed to be outpatient and I have to be there at 5 a.m. which means we will leave home around 3:30!! Any advice??

Eh I hope I dont have to get up that early lol I was told to pack just a over night bag with the essentials, medication you might take, toothpaste, toothbrush, hair brush etc and clothes that are easy to put on like just singlets you can slip over and pants that dont need to be zipped up or anything.

I was very glad that I brought a headband and a pair of comfy, stretchy shorts to wear under my hospital gown so I could go for a "walk" without showing everyone my heinie.:wink2: Slippers or flip flops are good to have.

Also don't forget your toothbrush- I had MAJOR cotton mouth and brushing a lot really helped. Maybe your favorite pillow too.

Hooray! My surgery is first thing tomorrow morning!! I'm very excited and nervous...I haven't packed one thing...it's been a strange day. I've been very tired (prob. due to the low cal liquid pre op) and I dont really know what I need for my hospital visit. It's supposed to be outpatient and I have to be there at 5 a.m. which means we will leave home around 3:30!! Any advice??

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh mine is thursday... congratulations.... I am outpatient also....uhhh i am wearing a t-shirt and some jogging pants, with sneakers... that's about it... I have to be there @ 9am and a limo is coming to pick me up how about that...

Mine is Wednesday. I am a little nervous myself even though this isn't my first rodeo with surgery but it never gets easier for me. I was thinking of jogging pants and a t shirt also. I was told if everything goes well, I will be home by early afternoon. Glad for that.

Tomorrow is my day too! I don't have to be at the hospital until 1:30 and surgery isn't until later afternoon.....I will be starved since I can't eat (drink, duh! preop diet of liquids for the past 2 weeks) anything after midnight. Wish it was earlier!

It's still not real! I guess when I wake up from surgery with holes in my body, it will be real!

Good luck everyone! I'll be back on Wednesday. Stay close....I will need your friendship and support! (I use a lot of exclamation points, don't I?)

Judy....!

Congratulations and good luck to all of you having surgery this week! There sure seems to be a bunch of you! Post and let us know how youa re doing as soon as you feel up to it!

congrats to all of you! Mine will be an overnight stay. When it finally comes around! LOL anyway congrats and good luck!

Hi. Tomorrow is my big day too! I'm excited. But I'm super nervous as well. I start to get the "bubble guts" just thinking about it. I plan to wear a loose fitting t-shirt and loose fitting cotton pants to the hospital. Since my surgery is first thing in the morning, I plan to wear the same thing home when I leave the next day. I also plan to pack the necessities like comb, brush, and toothbrush..along with a pair of house shoes and some books since I'll be staying overnight.

I go in tomorrow too! YIPPEE!!! Y'all are reminding me of things I need to add to my packing list. YIKES! (Along with a pillow to use under the seatbelt.)

Good luck all!

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYBODY GOING TOMORROW!!!

Can't wait to hear all the stories!

Terri :thumbup:

Okay - today was your big eehhum...small day! Just wondering how ya'll are feeling. I'm nervous for you!

I'm on the board daily now - just wrapped everything up and ppwrk has been submitted to insurance for approval. Can't wait to hear everyone's experiences and look forward to the "day before my surgery" post!

Hi--doing okay! Glad I stayed overnight in the hospital. Not hungry at all. Home now and feeling like I was sucker punched in the stomach a few million times, but other than that....able to walk the dogs at bit and get in and out of bed--sloooowly. I am on Clear liquids for 2 weeks.

To all of those whose surgery is comin' up--relax. It really is more discomfort than pain. I'm glad it's done and now--on to this new chapter of life. And I have had no moment of "what did I do?"

Nice to have friends here. You're all special.

Judy

I am a new comer to the website. Start my pre-diet on Friday and surgery is May 30. I am excited but very nervous as well. Hope I get through the next two weeks.