Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I would like to set-up a meet and greet for all of us Alabama bandsters and soon to be bandsters. I am open for suggestions on where to meet. I would like to see us do something in June or July this summer. So I am calling on all of the Bama bandsters to respond and contact me either here on this thread or email me through my profile here on LBT. I look forward to meeting you all in person. It would be great to actually meet some others that are banded.:) It would be good to know how far you are willing to drive to meet. I think we could meet in like Cullman. Cullman has a park that we could use and I think it would not be to far to drive too for most of us. What do you think?

Edited by andyisbanded

Cullman is about 40 miles north of birmingham up I-65.

Sounds like a great idea to me.

Not sure about Cullman, though. That might be a bit far for some further south to drive?

I would say let's meet in Birmingham, but I am not familiar with Birmingham. I have no idea where or what is available to meet in or at down there. Is there a park or place we could meet?

Hmm..

Well, thinking of places that would be easy for most everyone to find, there's Oak Mountain Park, which is right off of I-65 in Pelham, or Tannehill State Park off I-59 in Bessemer. There's the Peach Park in Clanton, There's a nice park in Gardendale - both of those are right off I-65 and easily accessible. I've only been to the Gardendale park once, but I've visited the other three many times and all are great locations.

Oak Mountain is rather large, but if anyone were so inclined they could bring their bicycles and go riding, go to the beach to swim, or take a nice hike up to Peavine Falls. There's a lot going on in that park.

Tannehill is very pleasant, but not as many such activities, and the Peach Park is small, but great for a little get-together.

Those are probably the best options, depending on where everyone's coming from, but all are easy to find.

Hmm..

Well, thinking of places that would be easy for most everyone to find, there's Oak Mountain Park, which is right off of I-65 in Pelham, or Tannehill State Park off I-59 in Bessemer. There's the Peach Park in Clanton, There's a nice park in Gardendale - both of those are right off I-65 and easily accessible. I've only been to the Gardendale park once, but I've visited the other three many times and all are great locations.

Oak Mountain is rather large, but if anyone were so inclined they could bring their bicycles and go riding, go to the beach to swim, or take a nice hike up to Peavine Falls. There's a lot going on in that park.

Tannehill is very pleasant, but not as many such activities, and the Peach Park is small, but great for a little get-together.

Those are probably the best options, depending on where everyone's coming from, but all are easy to find.

Any of these would do, I guess. I could reach any of these parks in about 2 hours. I would vote for Oak Mountain Park since it has so much to offer and we could all do a Lap-band's hike together.

We need to get more Bama banders reading this thread and providing some input.

im not banded yet but in the process of gettting it done. so i would be up for something maybe.

7_5_142.gifHi Andy, I think this is a great idea. I agree about the mnt. that has all the activities. And maybe I could take a couple of people with me that is from Huntsville. I am up for it! Let me know what is going on ok. Anyone from Huntsville that would like a ride when this is set up let je know!:)

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb113&pp=ZRxdm609NVUS

Anyone from the Bessemer/McCalla/Tuscaloosa area that would like to have a local meet & greet, I'm game. We could meet at Tannehill and take a stroll along some of the trails there, or whatever. Anyone interested, let me know and I'll start a new thread for a local meet & greet.

Same goes for traveling to Oak Mountain when we finally get a date set. I'm up for carpooling if we need to.

I am beginning to wonder if we can pull this meet and greet off at least on a grand scale of all Bama Bandster in one place. We are not just getting enough interest generated. I think we need to back up and punt. Maybe we need to look at some regional meet and greet groupings. Some have mention that traveling 2 hours is not an option. I am willing to travel. However, in light of the wishes of others. Maybe we could do a meet & greet in Huntsville or Madison for those in the North Alabama region. I think we could meet in some park like the one over in Madison or at Delano Park in Decatur.

Those in LA (Lower Alabama) could set up one down there. I do not know much about Southern Alabama. I do know I will be in Gulf Shores on vacation June 24-27. If anyone wants to meet me while I am there please let me know thru this forum or send me a private message.

Those from central Alabama maybe still have one at Oak Mountain Park near Pelham. I would try to go to the one in Pelham has I would like to meet more bandsters.

I just need some feed back on this idea. I also need some help to plan and pull this meeting off. I so want to meet those here.

I have been fortunate enough to meet a few from here that use my doctor while at his office this last week. It is always so neat to finally get to meet someone, put a face with the name, and chat with them in person. I love my LBT family and I realy want to meet you guys & gals!