Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OMG I threw up!!

I don't know what I was thinking. I know that I am tighter in the morning. But I decided that I would have half a jelly doughnut. I took a bite. It wasn't comfortable. I took another. It hurt like hell. Then I gave the rest of it to the dog. I was in so much pain. The pain was in my back. Then I thought that I should take a drink of Water to wash it down. Then I thought I should burp. Next thing you know, I threw up a couple times. Well after that I wasn't hungry. It is the first time I have thrown up. It was really scary. I have eaten a few times, okay, maybe more than a few times, that it has hurt, but I kept going. I hope that I haven't done permanate damage.

Then I really blew it by having Nachos for lunch, and then nothing for dinner. When I was at Target, I came face to face with some yummy looking Peanut Butter cups. But with such a crappy day, I decided to just walk away. I hate weekends! I make such bad choices. And the really scary thing is, I am a teacher and with only 2 weeks of school left, I have to figure this thing out before I really mess up!!

Come on VV's. I need some help to get back!

I hate weekends! I make such bad choices... I have to figure this thing out before I really mess up!!

quote]

I hear you! The weekends are the worst time for me. While at work I bring my lunch, and there are few opportunities to waver from the plan...I don't go by the food court or go out to lunch (maybe once very 3 months). But the weekends, even though there is SO much to be done at home - housework, gardening, etc - there is the refrigerator and pantry calling me. food is close to hand, and everywhere, and DH (although he tries to be respectful of my need to limit exposure to food) still has his treats, and cold beer, and coffee breaks.

And yes Jack, I know that you are right, and nothing tastes as good as being thin feels - but this comes to my mind AFTER I have succumbed, and am feeling guilty/depressed/embarrased/ashamed etc.

I keep working on it though, I keep on trying. I haven't given up.

Michelle, sorry to hear about your "mess up". That really stinks, but at least you have your little buddy there to remind you that donuts are not on the plan.

I can't say for sure that you haven't done irreperable damage, but I doubt it. That memory will be all the damage you need, I think.

Donuts anyone? None for me thanks! Not after hearing this... :biggrin: And to think, I was actually contemplating trying one.

I have been told that after an episode like that to do liquids and mushies for two days to get the band settled down due to swelling from the irritation of the throwing up. Also, anytime you feel stuck to never drink because apparently it makes it worse. I have taken too big of bites before where it felt stuck, but I just let it pass on its own.. took about 15 seconds and then I was fine. I do hate that stuck feeling... I haven't mastered the tiny bites yet. Most of the time I'm fine, but every now and again I will try to swallow a bite like how I use to eat.