Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

low BMI Mexico patients

I'm going to Dr. Ortiz March 13th. I'm hoping to fly home on the 14th. Do-able? I would also like to keep getting my fills theres since they xray. Do they really give you a bigger fill since they are watching it? & last question: The border, how big a pain is that?

I'm going to Dr. Ortiz March 13th. I'm hoping to fly home on the 14th. Do-able? I would also like to keep getting my fills theres since they xray. Do they really give you a bigger fill since they are watching it? & last question: The border, how big a pain is that?

Do you have a coordinator? I think ORTIZ'S COORDINATOR IS Carol Williams or simular. I went to TJ in December used Dr Cordova but I'm sure Ortiz is wonderful as well. They picked me up, they knew who I was and drove me strait to the beautiful hospital and action started immediately. I wanted to spend two nights because I'm old and a bleeder. I did absolutely beautifully. I don't know if you could do this in 24 hours and be back home. I would recommend at least 48 hours because your health is more important than a few hours. I suppose your direct pay as I was--I know this cost money but remember your health is important. I loved the hospital and the whole experience. Bring your own pillow, wash cloth, they have none and no nail polish on toes or fingers. Good Luck and God Bless

Vickie

Edited by Vickie
spelling

Carol is my coordinator. I know the quick trip isn't a great idea. I don't know if I can get my tickets changed, but thanks for the tips on washcloth & pillow. I will bring them along.

I used the OCC as well - it was Dr.Ortiz's collegue (sp?) Dr.Martinez who did my surgery. If you go to their website a link is on it to go to the forum where most of us who were banded at the OCC are. You will learn a lot if thinking of going to that clinic.

I am 100% satisfied with my decision. I go back for my fills even though I could get them free about two hours from where I live. But I love it there - and have made a lot of friends I go back to visit and the OCC is great!

oh and don't forget your birth certificate and ID. I don't think you have to have a passport until June.

Edited by Vickie
spell

Hi everyone. This is my first posting. I am considering going to TJ to have banding done by Dr. Ortiz since I live in So Cal and could get there in about 2 hours.

I recently attended a Lap Band seminar given by Dr. Krahn and staff in San Bernardino, and submitted my paperwork to them. I know my Aetna POS II is going to turm me down, which is why I am considering Mexico. I am 51 years old, 191 pounds and a BMI of 30.8. I need to lose 60 pounds and have been overweight for the majority of my life. I come from an obese family, with my dad dieing of diabetes and heart disease. Mom died at 58 of stroke. I don't have any health issues except for my knees which this current weight is causing a lot of pain. Aetna won't care about that,though.

Could anyone tell me how you know when you need a fill and how much they cost? Great, informative site!:bored:

I went to Mexico about 18 mnths ago. I was also a 31 bmi. I am almost at goal. You know when you need a fill when weight loss stops and you are hungry. Good Luck.

I just received an email from OCC, Dr. Ortiz. They are offering a special on the LB procedure for $7300.00 (at the Tijuana facility only). This even includes follow-up care and fill adjustments (fluoroscopy extra) for life.

Has anyone gone to Dr. Mario Almanza in Mexico? Does he have a BMI minimum? I am a Canadian looking to get banded in mexico due to the BMI restrictions in canada. What sort of Pre-op do you go through? Will they accept your particulars without seeing you first?

Thanks Sig