Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lordy lordy, look who's forty!

It's me! I am 40 years old and 50 pounds lighter! I love it!

I never thought I would be this happy turning 40 but my life is so much better now thanks to the band. It gives hope to know that life will continue to be better because I can do so much more thanks to my increased confidence. I can't imagine how much better I will feel at 41.

I am going to Vegas next Thursday with family and friends to celebrate! I can't wait. Vegas BABY!!!! :smile:

I love my band!

Happy Birthday to you!

Happy Birthday to you!

Happy Birthday Dear Jill!

Happy Birthday to you!

Welcome to the Over 40 Club. Congrats on the 50lbs. Things are only going to get better.

Have fun in Vegas Baby!

Cindy

Happy birthday Jill. 40 is a great age and I appreciate it even more now that I'm 53. I weighed about 15-20lbs less than I do now when I was 40 so the band wasn't something I would have considered then, even though I always struggled with my weight. Enjoy your trip to Vegas, I was there in 2006 and had a ball.

Happy Birthday Jill! :tt1:

Enjoy Vegas.

Our daughter lives there, we go at least once a year. My favorite thing to do is sit on the patio at Bellagio overlooking the fountains at night, with a drink and appetizer and watch the fountains with the backdrop of Eiffel tower from Paris hotel across the street.

And congrats on your weight loss, you've done a great job!

40 - I remember 40. Sigh. Enjoy it. The time just speeds by.

I grew up in Vegas, graduated from Las Vegas High School and UNLV. I have very fond memories, but would never move back. It was smaller, simpler town in the 60s and 70s. It's too darn big and impersonal for me now.

I remember getting shrimp cocktails on Fremont street at lunch in high school, listening to Sigfried and Roy's tigers roaring at night in the subdivision, delivering newspapers on the strip (my first job in Junior High), and riding our bikes from bar to bar on the strip looking for my neighbors yellow lab (Baron) who loved beer and swimming pools - in that order. One time, he got delivered to my neighbor's front yard in a cab, because he had imbibbed to many beers and passed out. He's the only alcoholic dog I've ever known.

Thanks everybody!

Foofy - That is too funny! My dog like beer but she only gets a sip. I think Baron and Callie would have been great friends. LOL My mother used to love to go to Vegas and get the shrimp cocktail. That was her favorite. I always remember her saying it was so cheap to eat in Vegas but it isn't anymore. That is so cool that you could hear the tigers. It sounds like Vegas was a great place to grow up.