Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This site is brand new to me. I was banded Nov 2003. Everything went smooth for years. My sweet spot was 2.8cc in a 4cc band. I had lost 140 lbs, 12 lbs from goal. In Dec 2007 my doctor pulled most of the saline out of my band, because I was having surgery in Jan. The surgery went well and 3 weeks later I went back to the dr. to have my fill put back in. Well, since late Jan I have had 4 fills with very little restriction. I was very restricted at 2.8cc. Today I am filled at 3.7 with almost no restriction. I had a esophagram done early April and it was dilated so he pulled some saline out. He wanted my esophagus to heal (so did I). I had another esophagram this week and its healing nicely. He then filled me to 3.7cc. Ok, here is the bad news: I have gained 45 lbs since Dec 22 :lol:. I am so digusted with myself. I am seeing a dietican and a counsilor to help me get back on track. Now I know what alot of you are saying is remember this is only a tool. This is true. I was so close to my goal and now I am far away.

Thats just alittle bit about my journey.

Cindy

Cindy:

Admitting that you're struggling is half the battle. Seeing the nutritionist and remotivating yourself will do good. Stop looking back and just look forward. Try setting a weekly goal of just to lose 1 to 2 pounds. Try to remember what you did to make the 140 pounds go away and do it again. I know it's so much easier when you have restriction, so keep working on that too.

I've been playing around with the same 4 pounds for 3 weeks and I decided to journal to get me past this. So far, so good.

Take care and best wishes.

Sue

Cindy, Welcome to the forum.

You know life is full of setbacks. We save some money and then boom, a pipe breaks or we need a new roof and there goes the money we saved. This is just one of those life moments. In a real perfect world, we would all lose our weight, reach goal and never gain a pound back.... oh if only it were that easy.

If I'm doing the math right, you're still down about 100 pounds! And that's great, don't let the 45 gained turn into 55 and just start over to get those pounds off. I know it must feel like you thought that struggle was all over and I know I'd be "down" about it, too. The only way to stop agonizing about it, is to do something about it.

It sounds like that's what you're doing with the counselor and nutritionist, so you're on the right track.

Join one of the "challenges" on the forum to help sgtay motivated or join one of the other groups and you'll get lots of support from people here, too.