Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First post here.

I was banded in March, and have been exercising daily ever sense, i love my little pedometer, but I think I might need something more complex as my exercise gets more complex. I have been motivating myself by keep an exercise journal. The problem is basic step count and a constant stride variable aren't providing me with enough information anymore. I would like to start tracking heart rate and speed. While i am not a very good runner (yet) i have started to run and i would like to be able to pace myself while i run/walk the trails in my neighborhood.

Can anyone recommend a good electronic watch for cross training? I would still like to keep the ability to track steps throughout the day. I have been eying the sunnto T# watches, does anyone own one of these?

Thank you all for your advice through out the forums, they have been a great resource to me, keep up the good work!

dewthedew:

I haven't had much luck with the pedometer feature yet, but the heart rate monitor and time work good on a sportline watch that I bought. My problem with the pedometer is that I accidently turn it off several times during the day.

Good luck with your weight loss and fitness watch. They have quite a few to pick from at Dick's sporting goods.

Take care.

Sue

dewthedew:

I just got a bodybugg and just started using it today. I love it! It inspires me to move more. I didn't do any cardio or weight training today, but I did do quite a few things around my house and I was just shocked at how many calories I burned. I ended up burning 2281 calories today. I found myself doing extra little things during the day that adds up. I went to the grocery store and parked really far away, then on my way to my car, I lifted my bags up and down until I got there. I'm sure people thought I was crazy, but I don't care, lol.

Anyway, here's the website if you want to check it out: BODYBUGG :: HOW IT WORKS

I do know where you are coming from. It had gotten to the point that I knew I needed something else to help me.

That calorie burn must count what you burn just by breathing.

I like my pedometer. I just try to make 10,000 steps a day. I too, find myself doing extra stuff.

Sue Magoo:

I received notification yesterday that the expected receive date of my trikke is on Monday the 19th. I am wayyyyyyyyyyy excited.

Freebird:

I hope you love your trikke as much as I love mine. I feel kind of crazy about how much I enjoy my trikke. This morning I woke up and heard the weather today and right away I thought of going on my trikke today at noon. I actually rode it at noon and again right after work.

Be careful, and make sure you where a helmet at a minimum. You might want elbow and knee pads too.

Have fun!

Sue

Hastings:

Glad to hear that you love your trikke too. I don't know what's considered good or bad. I don't fall off, and I have fun. Sounds good to me. I cannot do hills, don't think I ever will.

I noticed today that I'm actually building muscle in my thighs!! Under all of that loose skin lives some muscle that's getting toned.

Yippee. I think I love my trikke even more now. LOL!

Sue