Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6 week post op visit

I went for my 6 week post op visit today. I was going to get a fill, but since I have done well post surgery, my Dr suggested waiting until next month. I've lost 20 lbs post op (15 pre op), so down 35 lbs since January. So thats about 10 lbs a month.

I was bummed out at first cause I had really braced myself for the fill, but I guess I can hang on another month. (he's afraid that I'll have too much restriction and need to have an unfill).

I guess we'll see what next month brings!!

Now on to regular food!!

Patty

Hello bandsister....

I went to the doc today and got my first fill. I'm not sure how many cc's he was explaining it all to me while he was doing the procedure. I couldn't really focus because the needle that he used to do the fill kinda freaked me out. No...it didn't hurt one bit---it was just a REALLY big needle!

Anyhow, you are doing GREAT! Don't be discouraged because you haven't gotten your fill. I wish I would have seen the weightloss that you are experienicng. I guess my motto will just be "slow and steady wins the race." I honestly felt completely un-banded for the last couple of weeks so I needed this. Hopefully, this will do the "restriction" trick---at least for a while.

Keep up the good work!

La Madam, Thanks for the link, I saved it to my favorites!!

Iluvharleys, Thanks for the encouragement.

Daisydoodle, Bandsister, how are you!!! Congratulaitons on you 18 lbs gone. You must feel great. I was so ready to face the needle. I'm sure Dr knows best, so I will wait for next month!!

Patty

Although I know I definitely need a fill I can tell you that if I fly all the way to Mexico next month for them to tell me to wait, I am going to be TICKED OFF!! But I don't think this will happen since I can eat like a horse right now.

Patty,

Don't worry. I was banded on 3/2, and went to the Doctor on Monday excited about a fill as well, and was told the same thing. I have lost 36 lbs since then, and was told. "IF it aint broke don't fix it." I was encourages to wait until I had two weeks no weightloss to get a fill. He said when I got to that point he would tkae me the same day that I called him. I feel lucky to have a DR that listens and cares. I was like o.k. your the Doc. I am just amazed at this band, and at myself. My doctor is happy at my loss rate. I am really proud of myself. I can finally see the results really well, and am excited for more to come.

Jenna, I dont think they would turn you away for a fill going all the way to Mexico. I only have to drive 15 miles.

CaramelDiva and Jack, so you both know where I am coming from, but in the back of my mind I keep thinking I am doing this well without a fill, would I be doing even better with a fill???

Jamie, thanks for the encouragement!!

I really love this site!!

Patty

I was told by someone at my surgeon's office that the band isn't about restriction, it is about weight loss. Dr. Watkins said he understands that a lot of people trade one addtiction for another. In the case of the band, many people become addicted to feeling too tight.

Patti, you are doing amazing! 36 pounds in 6 weeks! Heck, I don't even need a caluclator to figure out that average! That is tremendous work! (you too CarmelDeva!)

Patty,

That is really good weight loss. So what kinds of things are you eating? Are you excersising as well. You should really be proud.

Actually its 25 lbs post surgery (7 weeks) and 15 pre surgery. So its been 40 lbs since January.

I havent eaten any bread for 2 months, I dont have an exercise program, I have been walking alot and I try to ride my stationary bike 15 minutes a day.

Patty

I drink Protein Shakes every morning for Breakfast because I teach, and refuse to get up early in the morning to cook. I have been eating healty choice meals for lunch, unless I forget it, and then I have another Protein Shake for lunch, and usually fish for dinner. I walk, and have a membership to the gym although I haven't been going, and chase my 2 year old around in the sun. I find myself more active now that it is Spring, and I'm 36lbs lighter. I have been tracking my calories and usually eat about 1000-1100 a day. Before I was banded I was eating once a day, and exercising 2 hrs a day, 4 days a week and didn't lose this much weight. This makes me know that the band was the right choice for me.

Good Job..... I Have Put Off My First Fill For That Very Reason... I Think That I Will Be Doing It In About 3 Weeks (maybe Sooner) Good Luck, And Keep Up The Good Work!!!!