Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Strange Dream

Hi Everyone. I had the weirdest dream last night. I have been working on getting my band for some time now...and I finally have a surgery date...It is now May 5th! So I guess I went to bed with Band on the Brain last night.

I drempt it was after my surgery and I had the steristrips on...and I could actually feel the band in there holding onto my stomach. I have very vivid dreams and I "feel" everything.....Now I am wondering can you actually feel the band in there??? I am sooo excited and anxious...as you all know...been there done that. I all ready lost the 10 pounds required by my surgeon, but I have been having some really bad diet days....is this my minds last dash to "enjoy" the foods I wont be allowed after surgery???? Anyone else go thru that? Okay all.....gotta get to work. Talk to you all soon!

Have a great day!

Hi Porclndoll, I think I felt that way pre-op since I thought I would't be able to eat anything "good". But, now I eat pretty much what I want only in very small portions and very carefully. I really don't miss gorging myself anymore, and I am no longer preoccupied with thinking of what I will eat next.

As far as will you feel the band or not, I think there is a thread on that(do a search). No one seems to be able to feel the band around the tummy. It's as if it is not even there.

But, when we eat is when we know it's there as you can feel the food moving through. Nothing to worry about...

Good luck on your surgery!!!

Sometimes you can feel... something, a pressure, a presence, something...

When you feel like you need to eat stuff you're trying not to to maintain your surgeon's required -10 pound loss, remind yourself that you WILL be able to have any of the things you want after banding - just not right away. You are not saying "goodbye" to anything long term.

For me, I can feel a "presence" of somthing but not really the band itself I think. This was definitely more prominant the first 2 weeks after surgery.

I definitely can feel the port though now that my swelling has gone down. If I suck in my stomach really hard I get a little bulge and can really see the outline of it. Hopefully, as I lose weight the port sinks with my tummy and doesn't become an unsightly bulge. Otherwise, I guess I will be looking at another surgery for replacement of the port.