Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Did It - I Did It - I Did It

Thank you Indigo Girl. I got my journal out that they gave me at the nutritionist (it was collecting dust) and started it today !!! I think that will really help. I also read your other post about the healthy habits. That's really good advice. If it wasn't for people like you on this website, I would have gave up by now. Thanks again.

Thank you Indigo Girl. I got my journal out that they gave me at the nutritionist (it was collecting dust) and started it today !!! I think that will really help. I also read your other post about the healthy habits. That's really good advice. If it wasn't for people like you on this website, I would have gave up by now. Thanks again.

Linda

Please don't give up - not today or ever - this is going to be a life time battle for us - but it will get easier as you progress and see the weight come off - I will always battle the urge to eat unhealthy - right now I want Pasta & Alfredo sauce - but even with restriction I know that stuff would slip right thru and the amount of calories - Oh won't do it - I don't hate exercise like I use to but - I know that it takes me 51 minutes to burn 350 calories on the treadmill and the amount of calories in a good Italian Alfredo would be 1000 well really about 800 but still too much.

It really can be done you just gotta get your mind totally wrapped around changing your habits - it's hard but it's doable - Warning here is some tough band love & my personal philosophy - As fat people we make excuse after excuse why we can't change our eating habit - we say things like who said 1/2 c is a serving of ice cream - a serving of ice cream is 1 pint - I can't walk around the block cuz it's too hard-

What in life is easy - nothing - it take work but you are so worth the work you have the tool to help make the job easier (How's your restriction) - but it's still work - I don't want to go to the gym today - I really don't - but I know that in order for me to lose the 3.5 lbs that I still want to - I HAVE TO - If I want to keep the weight off for the rest of my life - I will have to go to the gym even when I don't feel like it.

Quit giving excuses as to why you can't do it - give the reason how you can and will make the changes in your life to give you a healthier and happier one...

Hugs...

CONGRATULATIONS Indigo!!

WOO HOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You did GREAT!

:scared2::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Thanks !!!

How are you feeling after your surgery??

I am going to look into getting my arms done - but I don't like pain :youcandothis:

Dear Indigo Girl,

It's funny that you should give me that tough love philosphy--because I was thinking the EXACT same thing today. I was thinking how I was being a baby and feeling sorry for myself that I have to "work" at this harder than the "thin" people. It's debatable whether that's true but even if it was, SO WHAT? !!! Am I going to wallow in the mud because of it. Get up and overcome it !!! You're absolutely right.

Dear Indigo Girl,

It's funny that you should give me that tough love philosphy--because I was thinking the EXACT same thing today. I was thinking how I was being a baby and feeling sorry for myself that I have to "work" at this harder than the "thin" people. It's debatable whether that's true but even if it was, SO WHAT? !!! Am I going to wallow in the mud because of it. Get up and overcome it !!! You're absolutely right.

Linda

We think that thin pple don't work at it but the healthy ones do. They don't go on the see food diets like we do - they exercise. A thin person doesn't buy 3 king size candy bars - they buy one regurlar - they don't have 3 servings of dinner they have one. It's easier for them to exercise cuz they aren't carrying arount 100 xtra lbs.

You are getting it girl - as I am always preaching 75% of the battle is in your head and once you make up your mind - you are on your way to success.

Proud of you:thumbup: - you are going to do just fine - Keep up that fighting mentality... That's what I have done...

Good Job:thumbup:

Wow! I just found this at goal section again. congratulations Janet!

You are so good at not straying away from your plan and keeping on

track! I wish I could see you in person and give you a congratulations

hug. Here's a cyber hug instead (((Janet))) Way to go!

Wow! I just found this at goal section again. congratulations Janet!

You are so good at not straying away from your plan and keeping on

track! I wish I could see you in person and give you a congratulations

hug. Here's a cyber hug instead (((Janet))) Way to go!

Thanks Denise - I though I posted this in the 50 thread too - but it was while you were in AZ, so you could have missed it since you didn't have daily access to a computer -

I'll take your cyber hug and it's just as good (well almost) as the real thing cuz you know the battle it is to stay on track.

I don't know why I have been so blessed when other struggle so hard - I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop and pray that I don't ever revert back to my old habits - the real test will be to maintain and not get to comfortable and take this new found motivation for granted.

Thanks again for the hugs

xoxo

Janet

Janet! Howz it going GF!

I see you are now BELOW your goal now... by seven pounds!! You are kicking butt and I am so proud of you!

I don't usually post in this section but I check it out from time to time and daydream... :w00t: but for you I'll make an exception. :tt2:

See you around my dear!

Janet! Howz it going GF!

I see you are now BELOW your goal now... by seven pounds!! You are kicking butt and I am so proud of you!

I don't usually post in this section but I check it out from time to time and daydream... :w00t: but for you I'll make an exception. :tt2:

See you around my dear!

Hey there Irene

OMG you are doing great yourself:thumbup: - 90 lbs gone since Feb :sad:- way to go :biggrin2: you will be catching up with me real soon :wub:

Slowly but surely it's coming off - I am very happy - size 8 :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Still can't beleive it - but loving it.

Exercise and good food choices and no excuses - those are my secerts..

Keep of the good work yourself - Good Job :sad:

That is awesome Indiogirl!!!!! I remember 150 pounds, right before I left for NAVY bootcamp. I looked hot at 150. I bet you feel amazing. I just joined 24 hour fitness, so I have no excuse that the gym isn't open. LOL

I just purchased the bodybugg from there to monitor my calorie intake and expenditure. And I have 11 sessions with a personal trainer. Did you like your trainer? I told her that I hope she isn't as hard core like Jillian on the biggest loser.

You are a wonderful inspiration for all of us banded. I am so excited for you. I am sure nothing tastes as good as the sense of accomplishment you feel. God Bless.

That is awesome Indiogirl!!!!! I remember 150 pounds, right before I left for NAVY bootcamp. I looked hot at 150. I bet you feel amazing. I just joined 24 hour fitness, so I have no excuse that the gym isn't open. LOL

I just purchased the bodybugg from there to monitor my calorie intake and expenditure. And I have 11 sessions with a personal trainer. Did you like your trainer? I told her that I hope she isn't as hard core like Jillian on the biggest loser.

You are a wonderful inspiration for all of us banded. I am so excited for you. I am sure nothing tastes as good as the sense of accomplishment you feel. God Bless.

Thanks Alice !!!!

Ya I feel pretty damn good if I do say so my self :wub:

My Trainer is a guy - x-body builder - I LOVE HIM - He isn't anything like Jillian - I could never work out with someone like that - I don't take well to pple getting in my face :tt2:

Gym, good food choices -you will be booking that trip to Hawaii real soon..

Thanks again for the props....:w00t:

Hey there Irene

OMG you are doing great yourself:thumbup: - 90 lbs gone since Feb :lol:- way to go :biggrin2: you will be catching up with me real soon :(

Slowly but surely it's coming off - I am very happy - size 8 :smile::lol::lol::lol:

Still can't beleive it - but loving it.

Exercise and good food choices and no excuses - those are my secerts..

Keep of the good work yourself - Good Job :thumbup:

Whoa! I wish I lost 90 since surgery! It's more like 43 (with a little Water retention gain due to no more Water pills) since surgery - the rest was pre-surgery. That took me two years to lose... which is why I chose the band. But nevermind that, this is your thread!

Woo hoo!!! Size 8, that is so fantastic, what a great feeling that must be. You're such an inspiration for me, rock on sister! Your secrets work, so I'll take 'em and run, if you don't mind! :lol:

Indio...

Congratulations on your success. I have seriously been considering the lap-band procedure and actually am attending for a consultation on Monday. I have been doing a great deal of reading and research, but lose my train of thought (and I'm only 46). Your success caught my attention to read further.

If I'm not mistaken, I think it was in one of your responses that you indicated you basically followed the Weight Watchers program to achieve your goal. Although I have both succeeded and failed several times on the program it has taught me a number of invaluable eating and COOKING habits. Was it the Core or the Flex plan that you followed? And if it was the Flex plan, was the daily points allowance? Did you reward yourself with extra exercise points? I'm assuming that you didn't try the additional weekly 35 points (that was always my down fall on the program).

Your response is greatly appreciated, and congratulations once again...

Bella

Indio...

Congratulations on your success. I have seriously been considering the lap-band procedure and actually am attending for a consultation on Monday. I have been doing a great deal of reading and research, but lose my train of thought (and I'm only 46). Your success caught my attention to read further.

If I'm not mistaken, I think it was in one of your responses that you indicated you basically followed the Weight Watchers program to achieve your goal. Although I have both succeeded and failed several times on the program it has taught me a number of invaluable eating and COOKING habits. Was it the Core or the Flex plan that you followed? And if it was the Flex plan, was the daily points allowance? Did you reward yourself with extra exercise points? I'm assuming that you didn't try the additional weekly 35 points (that was always my down fall on the program).

Your response is greatly appreciated, and congratulations once again...

Bella

Hey Bella

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you but I just returned from a short vacation meeting my July 07 band gang..

I guess I did core plan - I learned WW while they still did exchanges - but basically - it was meat 1st then veggie (and if still hungry extra veggies) and limited starches - and no I didn't really allow extra for my exercise - I wanted the weight off - I got it off pretty fast and now I will have to learn how to maintain... This I will do by adding to my diet..

I feel that the band is the tool to help me use all the things I learned in WW into pratice..

I just can't do high Protein - I have to have starches - I just limited them just like in WW -

I love my new found engery - I did this for health reasons - but would be lying if I said I wasn't enjoying the new look..

Good Luck in your journey...