Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My inner Victory- Bravery.

So for the first time since High School I am submitting something to a show. For those of you who don't know I am a little obsessed with art, but I have not been able to finish anything in three years I didn't hate, and before that once I finished something it ended up on my wall, friends walls, in myu closet.... I was very not productive with it.

Saturday, at the Lucha Libre art show their will be a peice signed by me. And it's brave. It's thick, and somewhat dark, and a little offensive. I have never had the nerve to paint something that others might find offensive. I can be polite to a fault...but It was how I felt and I put it on a canvas and thought. Who cares who doesn't like it. Who cares who gets offended.

Thats a big step for me. I am even going to participate in a live graffitti art at the show just for fun.

Today I saw a flier for the show, and in with other artist was MY name. Right in the middle. Well...not my name but "Tara the Terror" because that's what they know me as. Anyway. Just proud of myself. Wanted to share.

It's better than the scale to me.

I think it is the inner victories that keep us going. People can tell you that you look good, etc but its those ones that are in our heads that (good or bad) that count so much. I'm so happy for you!!

Hi Ready... Missed you around here!

Success in any form is to be commended and you have to be so proud of yourself. I'm so happy for you! Who cares if some think it's offensive, its art. No one know whats inside of you, but you.

Maybe you can take some pictures of your art and post it for us? That would be nice!

I concur with LilMiss...why not post some pics?

Your posting is such a freaky co-incidence - for the first time ever, I have donated one of my quilts to a fundraiser. I too have made lots of them, and find the errors, irregular hand stitching, not perfect angled seams, etc. and have them either wrapped in plastic in a cupboard or given to friends (with an instruction to never let them be seen by 'real people').

However today I said there will never be perfection from a mere mortal, get over yourself, and do some good.

Congratulations to you, and post some pics...I know of a few artists who sell all their artwork that way. The web is a great way to build a clientele without having to tote things around and setup shows etc.:biggrin:

Congrats! I've seen some of your work on MySpace and loved it. Who cares if some people might be offended - you have to create what you feel. Let us know how it goes and I'd love to see what you put in the show since I can't be there. Enjoy your success.

Alright! :biggrin2: That sounds wonderful Ready!! I also feel like the rest of the posters..only you know what your art really means and if a person (s) get offended then they can look at something else! Artists are unique and so intelligent! I am so happy for victory!! Keep it going!!:smile:

Tara, you know, you seem so confident to me. I read some of your work, look at your photography, and admire your artwork and creativity, and I can't imagine you being afraid of anything!! I am a bit older than you, and I wish I could have been as courageous in my 20's as you!

I think that I already told you how much I love the picture of the phone booth!!

You are so talented! I am proud of you!!

Yippee! Can't wait. thx, Tara!

Well, that's fantastic!

As for offending others, girl, 25% of the people you meet will never like you. Ever, and it has nothing to do with you. You remind them of a bad babysitter or the mean lunch lady...

I love stories of courage and bravery. They are inspirational!!!

Well, that's fantastic!

As for offending others, girl, 25% of the people you meet will never like you. Ever, and it has nothing to do with you. You remind them of a bad babysitter or the mean lunch lady...

I love stories of courage and bravery. They are inspirational!!!

Juli-

thanks. I appreciate you....

I waaaas a really bad babysitter. Kids hate me.

25% of the people you meet will never like you. Ever, and it has nothing to do with you. You remind them of a bad babysitter or the mean lunch lady...

Really?? How could 25% of the people who meet me, not like me? That hurts! Does that mean 25% of the people on this forum don't like me? Oh no, spiralling into the black hole.....:cry_smile:

Really?? How could 25% of the people who meet me, not like me? That hurts! Does that mean 25% of the people on this forum don't like me? Oh no, spiralling into the black hole.....:cry_smile:

Maybe so...but I am in the 75 percentile that thinks your awesome:tt1:

Thanks RSG...will you be my new 'best friend'?

Count me in that group too Tap. You're wonderful!