Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Katie's Band

Hi all, this is Katie's husband posting while she is still in the hospital.

She went in on Apr 11, at 11:30am, the doctor said everything went fine, and Katie is doing good. She was supposed to come home today, but the swelling around her esophagus is preventing liquids from passing at a rate the doctor would like. There is a chance they might have to go back in and install a larger band, we wont know anything until tomorrow.

We're hoping she'll be able to come home tomorrow, and should be back posting in a few days!

Hi Katie's husband!! Thanks so much for letting us know how she's doing. Our fingers are crossed for a quick resolution and a fast trip home for her. Give her a kiss and tell her we're thinking about her!! :)

THank you so much for giving us an update. Tell Katie we are pulling for her to get better soon and to come here and post.

Hey, let her know that she is in my thoughts and prayers... I hope she's home real soon. What a great DH you are, posting for her!!!

Hey Katie, you are in our thoughts! Sending you tons of whitelight to help speed your recovery! Thank-you Katie's DH, we appreciate the update!

OH! I am SO impressed with a hubby posting for his wife! Big points scored today, Katie's DH! So glad you gave us an update, tell Katie we have been thinking of her and are hoping she heals quickly without the need for a different sized band, and another surgery. Let us know how she's doing, blessings for a speedy recovery! I'll be praying for you!

Its me again, Katie had to go in for a second surgery today at 3:30. The first band was putting pressure on an artery and causing acid to come up her esophagus. They took that band out and put in a larger band. So, we start the recovery process from day one. At least we know what to expect in the first few days!

Wow! I was hoping she could avoid another surgery but it sure sounds like it was necessary! Give our best to Katie...thanks for keeping us posted. ;)

Awww, Katie! Our thoughts are with you! I hope you have a speedy recovery from band #2! And kudos to the DH for posting!!!

Geez, mine doesn't even know my password let alone the site I use! Should I trade him in for a new model? Nah, I think I will keep him as he gets good milage! ;)

GET WELL SOON KATIE!!!

Oh man, please let her know that we are thinking of her... I havn't herd of this before, anyone elese? Please let us know how she's doing... Thank you Katie's DH.... sounds like your a keeper.... 36_1_55.gif