Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Praying for Patience

So, I have done everything I can and it has been up to my doctor's staff to get the authorization. Unfortunately the day after my appointment, the lady that takes care of submitting items to the insurance company went on vacation for a week. She said she was going to try to have everything ready for her assistant to send to the insurance company while she was gone, but she didn't finish the cover letter. So, my file set on he desk for the week she was gone. She got back on Friday, but when I called her she told me that I was number 5 on her list of people to finish and she probably wouldn't get to me until Monday.

Since I am tricare, she told me that we would probably get an answer the same day... but I have been watching the website and nothing has shown up yet. I have been trying to call her, but there has been no answer.

I know everything will work out in the end, but I am having such a hard time being patient.

Okay, I have vented. I will now go back to stalking my Tricare authorization page.

Everything in its time. I had to wait too for the doctor's staff to get things done too. I just had to keep believing that my surgery would happen when it was meant too. Keep the faith.

So, I have done everything I can and it has been up to my doctor's staff to get the authorization. Unfortunately the day after my appointment, the lady that takes care of submitting items to the insurance company went on vacation for a week. She said she was going to try to have everything ready for her assistant to send to the insurance company while she was gone, but she didn't finish the cover letter. So, my file set on he desk for the week she was gone. She got back on Friday, but when I called her she told me that I was number 5 on her list of people to finish and she probably wouldn't get to me until Monday.

Since I am tricare, she told me that we would probably get an answer the same day... but I have been watching the website and nothing has shown up yet. I have been trying to call her, but there has been no answer.

I know everything will work out in the end, but I am having such a hard time being patient.

Okay, I have vented. I will now go back to stalking my Tricare authorization page.

I FEEL your pain on this. I thought that waiting for approval was the most devastatingly stressful thing EVER. I'm 48 hours from surgery and I find I am now sick to my stomach with anticipation. For some reason, across the board, office staff at gastric clinics don't seem to GET it. This is LIFE ALTERING for us... a little thing like insurance approval becomes completely ALL consuming. We can't focus, think straight, anything, until we know for sure. I'm sure her vacation was important, but the least she could've done is followed up with a more definite timeframe or had her assistant do so.

Been there done that.. Hang in there .. and Tricare is fast once it is submitted ..I agree the people have no idea the importance we put into this ..All the hoops we have to jump then have to wait for people on their time ..

My approval was done in two days.. So you are closer than you think...

Thanks for all your words of encouragement. I sat on my hands all day yesterday to keep myself from calling and finding out if she submitted it to my insurance yet. I told myself that I could wait until today to check... unfortunately I have been tryng to call her all day without an answer.

I just hate that things are out of my hands now. I tend to be rather a demanding person, but I am truly trying to work on it.

The lady that handles the approvals has done nothing wrong, she deserves a vacation... I just hate that I got put on hold for it.

On Friday she told me that I would be submitted by Monday, so as long as she submitted it I think it should show up either today or tomorrow.

Keeping my fingers crossed that there are no more snags.

I feel the same why. I sent everything to the suregons office on Friday and the nurse said she would either call me Monday or Tuesday. It is now Tuesday and I called and they said the nurse is on the phone and I will have her call you. The only problem is this nurse doesn't call back. I have Aenta PPO and live in Illinois two stikes against me. My Dr. said that it is very hard to get approved for surgery in Illinois and it takes about 30days. I have done my 90diet but still doing it just in case the insurance want's more proof. So at this point I am at 120days on Thursday. I to want to take control of the situation and put the paperwork in myself. I know it would of been done by now. But the name of this came is waiting.

I guess she either wasn't in the office today or didn't have time to answer her phone. I left a phone message and emailed her... still nothing. Called Tricare and they said there is nothing even pending in the system... so now I am even starting to wonder if it ever was submitted.

I am sure I am aggravating the hell our of her, and I do feel bad for that. If she only knew that I was holding back and I really just want to drive over to the office and ask her in person. I guess I could truly be a stalker. :lol:

I am trying to schedule a surgery around my husbands and my parents work schedule... and the weekend before the surgery I need to drive my son 10 hours away so my parents can watch them. When I was in her office on April 23 she told me to expect to have the surgery in two to three weeks. Well... this is week two and next week is three.

Okay... well trying to be patient is apparently not working for me. :lol: