Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thanks !! I guess asking for that 1 cup coffee maker for Mother's Day is ok then..ha!

Some nutritionists advise against it for 2 reasons. First, caffeine can be an appetite stimulant (it isn't for me, but I guess for some....). Second, coffee is acidic and can cause heartburn, which is no fun with the band.

I've switched to 1 large cup of half caf every morning and haven't had any problems at all.

It's fine as long as it's Decaf. I was banded yesterday, 5/5 and came home last night about 7:00 pm. This morning when I got up I had about 1/2 cup of decaf with my fat free french vanilla Creamer. Yummy! Didn't bother my stomach at all. But of course I only had a little so as not to push it.

i'm allowed to have it. i use it as a "treat" on the weekends and i go to dunkin donuts and get an iced coffee with skim and some kind of SF Syrup.

one day i went to starbucks and got a "skinny" latte and...well...i won't be don't that again. i think it was too strong...very bad reaction:thumbdown:

I am allowed one cup of coffee a day. Got to have my morning cup.

Giving up the soda is so hard, but I can't imagine giving up coffee.

I just sat down to read the posts with my cup of coffee in hand :rolleyes:

After 1 and a half years living with the band, and losing over 100 pounds I can honestly say that I have had coffee every day..it's my vice !!! And none of that caffeine free junk either !!!!

All the best,

Patricia

11/16/06

306/206/175ish I think !!!

Im a die hard coffee drinker, i was not instructed to eliminate it from my diet at any time so...........i drank coffee the day after surgery and have drank it every day since without a single issue.

I drink coffee daily. I have noticed times where the caffeine affects me more than it used to, and I switch to half-caf or caffeine free for those times.

My Dr said its fine. I had SIPS of it day 2 post-op, and everyday I have a cup or so in the morning. I have to sip it, so it gets cold before I can finish it! My cup is in and out of the micro-wave several times!