Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help! I am so hungry.....

I feel like CRYING!!!!

I bought a size 14 business suit at banana Republic last weekend, but it's tight...and I'm SWIMMING in all the suits I already own and I just don't know what to do! 16's are too big and 14's are too tight...and I don't have any money to just go shopping like crazy for work clothes!

quote]

Stranger,

Everyone just gave you great advice on head hunger and how great you are doing - even if you don't think you are doing so great. I'm going to give you advice on clothes.

Have you ever watched the show on TLC - What Not to Wear? They give great advice. One of the things they say quite often is that you CAN NOT go shopping with the mindset that you are a certain size. Every manufacturer and designer is slightly different in their sizing. Use the size on the label as a guideline and then adjust. Don't freak out if it means going up a size, it's just that particular item of clothing. You are not a failure because of it. If the size 14 suit that you like is too tight, buy the size 16 version. It doesn't matter if your OTHER 16s are too big. We are talking THAT PARTICULAR piece of clothing.

I wear a size 18 jean, size 20 dress pants, and I vary between size 18 and size 22 for the tops - depending on who makes them and how they are cut. I'll admit that sizing up can be a blow to the ego - BUT ONLY IF YOU LET IT BE. Your goal is to find clothes that FIT and make you look and feel BEAUTIFUL. The number on the tag should NOT matter!!!

Change your thoughts - change your life!!! Go get 'em.

Hey Foofy-

By the way, the size 22 jeans fit this morning. Who friggin' cares about not hitting 100lbs by this past Tuesday. I am in a size 22 Levi's Jeans. Who would have thunk it 6 months ago when I was wearing a size 32/34 pants.

Cindy

Foofy-

You are the best! The wealth of knowledge is amazing. Thanks for the link...my problem is the upper thighs. I have found the extra skin is gross that is why I need a skirt. I wish I didn't have the extra skin because I would love to wear a bathing suit that doesn't have a skirt. Dang it! I love that I have lost almost 100lbs but I am not happy with the extra skin issues. I am a chicken about Plastic Surgery but I got to admit I wouldn't trade the 100lbs for firmer skin. LOL Cindy

LOL. Smooches to you too Cindy. I am glad my obsession with shopping is paying off for someone else. I will have to tell my husband! I always love your posts.

That's probably why I'm one of the biggest laggers on here. I know I'm not at my sweet spot because if I was then I wouldn't be able to eat what I do. Don't be hard on yourselves, this is new to all of us and we are doing it the best we can. I know I need to follow the rules a bit better but I've said all along I don't want to stop living either. If I take another 6-12 months to get my weight off then so be it... I've certainly been overweight a lot longer than that. Good luck to you all. Sades

Good advice Sades. Does that make us the "Happy Laggers" instead of the "Thundering Tortoises"? I, too, am pretty happy with my loss, even though it is slower than most. I have NEVER lost this MUCH weight THIS fast. 70 pounds in a year would make me goofy with joy!

Thanks everyone for your kind words! So much encouragement since less than 24 hours ago!!!!

Well, today is my 6 month bandiversary. And reading all of your kinds words has definitely helped me to realize and appreciate were I am now. You're all right---I could NOT lose this weight before, I definitely could not have kept going to 6 months, and no matter how long it takes, it's worth it. Even if it take 6 - 12 more months.

The thing that gets me most about the clothes thing is not necessarily the actual SIZE of the clothes, but really what STORE I can shop at. My delemma now is that I can't fit into "Women's" and I can't fit into "Misses." So, the only stores where I actually CAN shop are the ones that go up to 16 or 18 in "regular" sizes (not W). Unfortunately, it limits me quite a bit....like the Banana Republic suit--Banana only goes to 14, so I dont' really have a choice. It's weird!

As far as fills, I guess I"m probably good so far. The 4 - hour thing is such a PROBLEM though! I mean, I eat Breakfast at 8, lunch at 12, then I'm hungry again during the 3-4 hour, but unfortunately, I'm still at work and dinner isn't until 6 or 7 at home. My doc really likes me to stick to 3 meals a day and doesn't really want me snacking, so I'm really going to have to work it out and discuss it with him....

Sades we have vitually the same amount to lose in the end I started 102kg want to get to 63-64, i had my opp 18 sep 2007,have lost 34kilos so far,but in the same months as you are now, lost the same as you, i think you will get there sooner than expected, but even if it takes longer,it definately did not take us as quick to get big,our patience will get us there.

Thanks Slimmy, it's good to hear that. 34kgs, wow that's a great achievement, especially in such a short time. The reason I set my goal for 65kgs is because at my age I don't want to go down too low because I will age too much. My dr's goal for me is 70kgs so would be happy to reach that goal and see how I go. Good luck with the rest of your loss.

Thanks everyone for your kind words! So much encouragement since less than 24 hours ago!!!!

Well, today is my 6 month bandiversary. And reading all of your kinds words has definitely helped me to realize and appreciate were I am now. You're all right---I could NOT lose this weight before, I definitely could not have kept going to 6 months, and no matter how long it takes, it's worth it. Even if it take 6 - 12 more months.

The thing that gets me most about the clothes thing is not necessarily the actual SIZE of the clothes, but really what STORE I can shop at. My delemma now is that I can't fit into "Women's" and I can't fit into "Misses." So, the only stores where I actually CAN shop are the ones that go up to 16 or 18 in "regular" sizes (not W). Unfortunately, it limits me quite a bit....like the Banana Republic suit--Banana only goes to 14, so I dont' really have a choice. It's weird!

As far as fills, I guess I"m probably good so far. The 4 - hour thing is such a PROBLEM though! I mean, I eat Breakfast at 8, lunch at 12, then I'm hungry again during the 3-4 hour, but unfortunately, I'm still at work and dinner isn't until 6 or 7 at home. My doc really likes me to stick to 3 meals a day and doesn't really want me snacking, so I'm really going to have to work it out and discuss it with him....

A lot of this band thing needs to be worked out in our head as well. Many Desserts will go down with no problem ( as I found out too well on vacation). My eyes and head were so tempted by all the food no matter what my stomach/band was telling me.

when is your next fill Sades? I know we have about the same amount in our bands. This last fill (Monday) left me very uncomfortable. Not when I ate, but all the time. I'm confused b/c before this fill I could eat anything, bread, steak, pork etc. with no problem. didn;t even have to chew that much.

They put in .6cc and I went back two days later for .2cc to be taken out. Things seem to be calming down but I have not even thought of trying really solid food yet.

The PA wanted to put in 1cc. I am so glad I talked her out of that. I get so much swelling after the fill, it seems like the motion of pushing all the fill in at one time is what does it.

I just wonder now if I can get to my sweet spot without having pain. If I need more fill to get restriction but more fill is painful, I'm just kind of confused.

Let me know when your next fill is and how much they put in. I'm at 8.4cc's now.

Hi Shortgal, sounds like you had a good time on your holiday and good to hear you got the weight off again. I'm at 8cc and going for another fill next week. The nurse at my dr's surgery said at this stage they don't put in more than .5cc at a time to avoid people getting too tight. I know it's strange how you could be eating anything you want and then suddenly nothing... sounds like another .5cc will do the trick for me then. I will keep you posted on how I go. I hope things ease up for you and that your sweet spot ends up being sweet. Let me know how you go once it calms down.

The thing that gets me most about the clothes thing is not necessarily the actual SIZE of the clothes, but really what STORE I can shop at. My delemma now is that I can't fit into "Women's" and I can't fit into "Misses." So, the only stores where I actually CAN shop are the ones that go up to 16 or 18 in "regular" sizes (not W). Unfortunately, it limits me quite a bit....like the banana Republic suit--Banana only goes to 14, so I dont' really have a choice. It's weird!

I am kind of in the "size" dilema you describe. Plus is too big, but I need petites and some go to 16 and others only up to 14, so it can be hard to find clothes. But it's getting way easier than it was before. There are very few plus petites. Maybe a few pairs of pants, but a jacket or sweater forget it. Another size or two and it will get better for both of us.

Hi Shortgal, sounds like you had a good time on your holiday and good to hear you got the weight off again. I'm at 8cc and going for another fill next week. The nurse at my dr's surgery said at this stage they don't put in more than .5cc at a time to avoid people getting too tight. I know it's strange how you could be eating anything you want and then suddenly nothing... sounds like another .5cc will do the trick for me then. I will keep you posted on how I go. I hope things ease up for you and that your sweet spot ends up being sweet. Let me know how you go once it calms down.

I don;t know what she was thinking wanting to put in 1cc when I already had 8! So glad I talked her out of it.

Still had some pain last night that woke me, but it's better today, so I just continue to eat soft stuff, when I'm ready I'll try firmer foods, but no salad or fruit for me for another week, at least.

You could not believe how much I ate, b/c I could not believe it. Once I started letting the food in, oh boy! Too many sweets for sure. I seem to be back on track again and that feels good. They weighed me Monday and then again Weds when I went back for unfill and it was six pounds. At least I got something from all that pain. so I ended up weighing the same I did when i left for vacation.

Good Luck with the fill, when we get this much in our band, even a little can make a difference, so be careful. After waiting the two days, I just couldn't stand how much it hurt and not when I ate, (because I wasn't eating) but pain all the time!

I think I may get a small fill, .5, on Monday when I see the nurse practioner. I'm nervous cause the last fill made me uncomfortable too. It took 2 weeks to feel almost normal. Lost 11 pounds from that one. I had gained 5 during Easter but lost that quick along with another 6. Now my weight loss has stalled again and I can eat too much. At least I'm not gaining.

I'm a big fan of Kohl's dept. store. I love the clothes and can wear misses 16 now. Stranger, if you have a Kohl's near you, give them a try. I told my kids to let daddy know that I want a big gift certificate to Kohl's for Mother's Day!

Good advice Sades. Does that make us the "Happy Laggers" instead of the "Thundering Tortoises"? I, too, am pretty happy with my loss, even though it is slower than most. I have NEVER lost this MUCH weight THIS fast. 70 pounds in a year would make me goofy with joy! Foofy

Sorry I missed your post "Goofy" Foofy... "Happy Laggers", has a nice ring to it. :thumbup: Of course when I get my next 20lbs off I might have to eject myself from that club. :thumbup:

Edited by Sades

I don;t know what she was thinking wanting to put in 1cc when I already had 8! So glad I talked her out of it.

Still had some pain last night that woke me, but it's better today, so I just continue to eat soft stuff, when I'm ready I'll try firmer foods, but no salad or fruit for me for another week, at least.

You could not believe how much I ate, b/c I could not believe it. Once I started letting the food in, oh boy! Too many sweets for sure. I seem to be back on track again and that feels good. They weighed me Monday and then again Weds when I went back for unfill and it was six pounds. At least I got something from all that pain. so I ended up weighing the same I did when i left for vacation.

Good Luck with the fill, when we get this much in our band, even a little can make a difference, so be careful. After waiting the two days, I just couldn't stand how much it hurt and not when I ate, (because I wasn't eating) but pain all the time!

I am surprised they offered 1cc. The last time I went for a fill I asked for 1cc and they said no. Lucky you didn't take them up on it. :thumbup: It is so easy to eat things that go down easily so it's good that you're back on track. I'm feeling a lot more positive that I'm ready to get more weight off, I may have already (haven't weighed myself for a few days). I'll keep you posted on the next fill.

Hi Linda, unfortunately not. Got a call that morning from my drs office saying he woudn't be in. I have a new appointment on Tuesday morning so will keep you posted. How are things with you?

Sades - I'm going in on Tues for a fill. I guess that's the same Tuesday as you! We'll have to report back to each other.

I was down to 181.5 and needed it, then went on holiday and gained to 185, now I don't really need it, but if I dilly dally any more I'll never get it done. I haven't had one for months now and I really need to get my mind back in the game. I'm going to do a cleanse/fast shake kinda thingy Sunday and Monday which always makes me lose at least a few pounds, so I hope I get down again. I always feel like I'm disappointing my doctor when I don't lose weight. :thumbdown:

Yep the same Tuesday Linda except mine arrives before yours. :thumbdown: It's funny because even though my weight has gone up and down by a couple of lbs for the last few months every time I go to my dr I have lost a little, never gained. It's like some switch kicks in... go figure.

I feel been feeling more restricted in the last couple of weeks. Hopefully a little more fill should do the trick. Let's touch base on my Wednesday, your Tuesday. :confused2: