Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lap Band surgery set for Wed., May 14!!!!!

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: Hi! I'm new this forum and my surgery is coming very near. First I couldn't wait but now I'm getting so scared. It's a crazy anxious, excited, and nervous taking over. The liquid diet is going fine so far but I've only begun as I have until May 14. I found this wonderful Protein supplement on the internet called Unjury. It's delicious. If interested just go to www.unjury.com. Comes in 4 or 5 flavors...

Hi,

I was also terrified - however, they wheeled me near the operating room and i was still awake and the next thing I knew I was waking up in recovery. No pain, no vomiting, however, I did get dehydrated the next day and felt very sick. Surgery was Feb. 26 and I have lost 21 pounds but I need to start exercising. And when they tighten the device afterwards with the needle it does not hurt.

Good Luck

Dyannamelia

te=slim4life;830610]:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: Hi! I'm new this forum and my surgery is coming very near. First I couldn't wait but now I'm getting so scared. It's a crazy anxious, excited, and nervous taking over. The liquid diet is going fine so far but I've only begun as I have until May 14. I found this wonderful Protein supplement on the internet called unjury. It's delicious. If interested just go to www.unjury.com. Comes in 4 or 5 flavors...

Helloo slim,

My surgery also is on the May 14th. And I too get nervous, happy, doubtful all in a matter of seconds.

Where are you from? I am in Tampa, Fl anxiously awaiting to get banded!

Another May 14th here. I can't wait. More than anything I can't wait to be off this liquid diet! I wanted to eat my arm off today but I did not sucome to my demonds! We all need to keep in touch since we have the same surgery date. Mabie we can report to each other daily via this thread. We have a lucky date 7+7=14. 2X the luck!:tt1:

Hello thin,

Keep up the good work with the liquid diet you don't have that much longer to go! It'll be worth it in the end. I will come back and let you know how it goes and how I feel. You do the same.

Where are you getting banded?

GOOD LUCK ALL YOU MAY 14TH BANDSTERS!!!

We will be thinking about you!

Terri

Hello everyone, how are you feeling? I feel alot better than I thought I would. Having some gas pain, and my port site is sore. No nausea, moving around very well. I thought it would be worse than this. Yesterday was tough just because I dont like feeling dopy, and it was hard to lay down. But 24 hours makes a big difference. I have been sipping on crystal light and Protein Shakes as well as crunching Ice and sugar free popsicles. I hope you all made out as well as I did yesterday!:cry_smile:

Congrats Thininside!!

Sounds like you are doing great!!! :biggrin:

Keep us pre-bandsters posted!

Terri

Hello everyone, how are you feeling? I feel alot better than I thought I would. Having some gas pain, and my port site is sore. No nausea, moving around very well. I thought it would be worse than this. Yesterday was tough just because I dont like feeling dopy, and it was hard to lay down. But 24 hours makes a big difference. I have been sipping on crystal light and Protein shakes as well as crunching Ice and sugar free popsicles. I hope you all made out as well as I did yesterday!:thumbup:

Same thing here. I hate the doped up jittery feeling, but if I keep the meds going I feel AMAZING!!! It's really just the port site that hurts, and it's SOOOO close to being tolerable without the meds. Hopefully after the weekend I'll be ready to get off of the vicodin. I keep ice Water at my side ALL the time, and it really helps. I keep forgetting about my popsicles, that would feel good on the throat too. I thought I was in heaven last night when I had a couple ounces of the beef broth, the heat of it felt so GOOD!!!

So far I have to say the only thing that really sucks is to keep up on using that little breathing exercise thing and the coughing I'm supposed to be doing. D'OH!

Day 3 and feeling better all the time. I am eating some pudding today and it is GOOD!!! I have not taken any vicodin today, I got some of the rapid release liquid tylenol and took some of that this AM and it helps. I think I finaly am feeling the "full" feeling from the pudding, I guess that is what it is I don't think I have ever felt full. I weighed myself this AM and am down 11.5 lbs since 5/7 when I started my liquid diet so i am thrilled. Hope everyone is feeling okay!

weight.png

Edited by thininside28

Hello all,

I had my surgery also on the May 14th and feel pretty good.

My surgery was originally scheduled for 1:30pm. but at 4:00p.m. May 13th I received a call from the hospital notifying me that my surgery time had been changed to 7:30a.m. and had to be in the hospital by 5:30a.m. So there went my plans to take it easy before surgery. Anyway, the day of the surgery everything went pretty good and according to my parents (which were there with me) the surgery only took about 1 1/2 hrs. but I was kept in recovery for a long time because my blood pressure was very low and they had me in observation for a while. I do recall waking up twice and each time I was in pretty bad pain which the nurse kindly reminded me that I was in pain because I had had stomach surgery....(and although she was nice) I was thinking to myself ---no sh_t sherlock! I am still in pain. She did give me a shot and off to lala land I went. That wore off a second time and I woke up...I waited for a little while because I was assessing how bad I hurt and I had enough sense to know that as the anesthesia was wearing off I hurt a little more...so again I informed the nurse . Her response .." Yes, you are in pain because you had stomach surgery." This time I told her, I know but the pain is getting progressively stronger. She then said," Okay, I will give you some pain medication but you have to breathe!." Again, I thought to myself, BREATHE!!!!! I am breathing but I AM in pain!" She did give me pain medication and off to lala land I went.

I guess she did not want to keep me asleep much longer after that because of my low blood pressure, but that I did not know. I must say that thankfully the anesthiologist had informed me during my pre-op not to take my HBP medication but because mine contains a diuretic and since I was scheduled for afternoon surgery she did not want me to pee a lot and be dehydrated before surgery. Thank God..I didn't take it.

Anyway, I must say after I woke up from the second pain shot, the pain subsided enough to where I was able to remain awake for about an hour in the recovery area without anymore good drugs...the pain then was tolerable. I was then wheeled to my room and was given a crushed vicodin and that was if for the rest of the day. I was pretty much told that if I pee'd within the following six hrs. I could possibly go home that evening. I pee'd, TWICE! When the dr. came around to do his rounds that evening I asked him if I could go home and that I had 'urinated' twice ( I was using my formal english language). He asked to look at my incisions, which by the way I only have two and one is where the port is, and talked with me a bit and said ...your ready, you may go home.! YAY! So I was home by 11:00pm that night.

I must say the pain has been tolerable for the most part...I had a rough night Thursday night but mostly because of the gas.

On day two I was out walking and day four I went to Walmart and shopped for about an hour. Took my pain pills and liquid Tylenol just in case but I did not need them.

So other that being a bit sore I must say the wait was worst than the actual procedure.

Good luck to all the other May bandsters and those of you who have already have it MAY you continue to recover !

Great to hear that you are doing well M! I feel great today but am so ready to go to my post-op appt to be upgraded to a puree diet, I am so sick of liquids. My appt is tomorow. Hope all the May bandsters are doing well!

How is everyone now? I hope all of you are doing well and are finding success with your band. The first month was disapointing for me because i expected immediate restriction. And I did not get that untill my second fill last week. But now I feel like I am on my way. Let me know how all of you are doing.

I'm doing so-so. The weight isn't coming off in the numbers like I would have hoped, but all my pants are WAY too big now. lol. Go figure huh? Oh, and of course, DAMMIT, all my bras are too big too. WHY WHY WHY?