Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1500 calories pre surgery

v. 1500 calories after surgery....what is the difference on your body?

If you can get up to 1500 calories after surgery, why can't we just do that and not have the surgery? Is the be/c we probably haven't stuck to that, or smaller, amount and that's WHY we're here.

Just wondering if those calories are different on your body and the scale?

1,500 doesnt work for me i have tried it and didnt lose anything, I think I need to be at 1,200 to 1,100 ,which i cant seem to do on my own,thats why i want the band

The difference is: I have a band EVERY DAY. I can't conveniently forget that I'm on a diet, or make exceptions because of an office party or a vacation. Calorie-wise, a bad day with the band is still a good day in diet-land.

Pre-band, 1200 calories felt like a really strict diet. Post-band, it feels like a ton of food. I'm truly satisfied eating smaller portions now (well, I would be if I'd stop eating just one bite SOONER :)).

I've lost weight successfully in the past, but the tipping point was always me eyeballing portions, and those portions slowly growing larger. The LapBand just won't allow me to sneak in that extra 10% without sliming.

I have to try to stick to 1200 maximum, but really I seldom make it up to 1200 calories.

I think the difference is that I look at food and think about food in a totally different way now. It's just something I have to do. I enjoy it, but I don't live for it.

I don't think the calories are different, it's the ease with which we can stick to a limit that is the difference.

Edited by Hastings

Thank you SOOO much for the replies. Sometimes I think I overthink all off this...it's nice to be brought back to reality...:)

I think most of us are here because we can't stick to 1500 calories long term (speaking very loudly for myself here). I'm hoping the band does 2 things:

1. Makes me feel satisifed on 1500 calories (or 1200 is my goal)

2. Warns me and makes it harder for me to eat more than i plan.

I stay between 1000-1200 but there are days when I don't eat more than 800. Every once in a while I will allow myself a high calorie day (1400-1500) but I follow it with a low calorie day. (800)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
    • Doctor-Links

hgh kaufen  in unserer Online-Apotheke  
      Menschliches Wachstumshormon (HGH) ist ein kleines Protein, das in einem Teil des Gehirns, der Hypophyse, produziert wird. Es wandert in Ihrem Blutkreislauf durch Ihren ganzen Körper, um Ihren Körper wachsen zu lassen.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches