Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What size Inamed do you have have?

Being recently re-banded, I would love to speak with other re-bandsters I am thinking my doc placed in me the BioEnterics® LAP-BAND® VG System which is the biggest band there is. I would love to talk with others who have been rebanded and discuss things.

Thanks,

Congratulations on the weight loss, that's awesome. I'm a 4cc myself, my mom who was just banded at 73 also got the 4cc, which surprised me because her bmi was higher than mine. I had to laugh when the doctor told me after surgery that she was "small" on the inside.

I have a 4cc band with a 1cc fill. My hubby has a 10 cc band and 6cc fill. I am losing on a average 2 lbs a week. He hasn't lost since the first 4 weeks. We go see the surgeon tomorrow to see what is going on with him. Great job for you!

Hi Brenda,

Although I have not been re-banded, my band is also the Lap-bandVG band. My WLS was alost a year ago and it took my surgern 8 total fills to get me to an initial level of restriction. This was very a bad period of time filled with questions about my band and it's lack of performance. But finally, on Jan.27th, 2005 a 8cc fill accomplished what I had thought WAS NOT going to happen. My problem was that the doctor went only by what he saw on the florascope as "restriction" and not based on my lack of lossing weight or what I had to say about how hungry I still was. My BMI at surgery was only 39 and the band needed more restriction than he was willing to "risk". Finally, he was out and I had a fill in the office without the florascope by the PA. She was willing to do the fill and have me come back in if it was too tight. That fill was done by increasing the past fill 1 more cc that made; it made all the difference. It was like someone turn on a switch... finally. I have been doing very well since that point and now have lost 62lbs in total with about 23lbs since Jan. So I am now really pleased with the band and delighted about how it's performing.

Hope this helps in some small way.

Always,

Judy

Thanks for all your replies. I was wondering why this time around after rebanding I was not losing as fast or shall I say at all yet. Also I have been more hungry this time around and can eat way more than I did with the smaller band on my first surgery. I was getting scared I had done something goofy to my band, but have only been on solids for 2 weeks so was being very careful. I finally did a search on this post and found others who had posted they had this same bigger band and could eat more and did not lose right away until after their first adjustments or a few thereafter. Whew! I was worried something was wrong. Thanks for all your info, and yes, Judy your infor was helpful, thanks.:)

My password to my Weight loss journey album is "loser". I only have the password protection because some folks I work I don't want them see me in my previous days...I know I should be proud and am, but those pics could make you lose your lunch.... ha ha.

Thanks again!

Brenda,

Congrats on the fabulous weight loss!

I don't have the Inamed band, but I have the Swedish band which is also a low pressure, larger capacity band.

I have been told by two different doctors that the larger bands are harder to adjust. I, like Judy, had to go through several fills before finding the right adjustment level. I also had several fills using Flouro and what they saw on the screen as restriction wasn't what my body felt as restriction. My last fill was done without flouro and I think I'm at a good restriction level right now. I could probably be restricted a little more and will probably go back in another month for a small fill, but I'm feeling pretty good about everything right now.

A friend of mine was banded by Dr. Rose and has nothing but praise for him. Good luck on your continued success!!