Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was wondering if ya'll felt okay with how fast you are losing? I seem to be stuck, and it's really starting to bother me. I have had one fill so far ( it was Horrible, passed out twice). I have been yo-yoing between 3 numbers for weeks now. I walk 3 1/2 miles 5-6 days a week, and I know I have made a few bad food choices, but know I am eating MUCH less than I used to. I do choose fish or chicken almost everytime. I was just wondering if you all are happy so far. Am I just impatient? I mean the reason i chose the Lap Band was so i could lose a bit slower and tone my body as i went, but, I thought it would come off a little faster than this. Any advice, thoughts, anything? Thanks

Ann

I'm sorry to hear that you are discouraged. I was banded Feb. 26, 2008 and have had two fills. I've lost 35 lbs. so far. I too am walking/jogging about 4 miles 4 times a week. The weight is flowing off of me but it is coming off. Maybe you need to have another fill. Are you eating only three meals a day? Are you drinking with your meals? How long are you waiting to drink after you eat? I try to make it 2 hours after I eat if I can. Talk to your doctor. Tell him your concerns. I wish you the best and don't get discouraged. The weight didn't come on overnight...and it will not come off that way.

I am getting really, really nervous about having my fill!!!! It seems like a lot of horror stories. I am going to demand that he numbs the skin first. He said that he doesn't always do that.

Have you checked your measurements? It is possible that you are losing inches and gaining muscle, and the scale is picking up the extra muscle? Maybe if you went for a while just checking your measurements that would help you to feel more positive. I am only weighing myself every two weeks. (I was only going to weigh myself once a week...but I haven't gotten a scale yet...LOL)

Much less might still not be enough less... best way to see is to track your food on TheDailyPlate.com or something similar for a couple weeks to see just how many calories you are taking in. Which means weighing & measuring what you eat so you can accurately record it. It can be a pain but it's sooo worth it to see the scale moving downward again.

I get impatient at times too -- I want this weight OFF. But then I go through phases where it's not as important, which is when I stall.

Don't worry, the pounds add up over time. I'm expecting to hit my -100 mark early next week. To lose 100 lbs just amazes me, even if it took 3 years and I have another 60 to go!

Ann, don't get discouraged. Our bodies will go through stalls from time to time. 80's chick is right, sometimes we are losing fat but gaining muscle too. It does make it appear the scale is not moving, so it really is a great idea to measure our bodies too. There is more than one way to gauge our FAT loss. As long as you are staying on plan, the scale will get with the program.

Also, everyone has different metabolisms. Some lose more than the average 1-2 lbs. per week, some are more along the lines of 1lb. per week. Some lose fast at certain times of the month and then nothing for a couple weeks, which is where I fall in. This might be you too. Nothing wrong with that at all. I surely won't let that discourage me, and I wish the same for you. I've gone through too much to lose this weight, and it will take a whole lot more than that to make me give up!

If you're not battling hunger, then a fill is not a good choice. Just work through it, and it will happen. It sounds like you have the right mindset with the exercising! Best wishes!!

80's chick, don't be worrisome of the fills. Just tell your doc that you prefer the numbing, and I'm sure your doc will do it. It's pretty simple and usually only takes about five minutes, if that. Everyone has horror stories, but mine went smooth and pain free. Make sure you take it slow though, you want to stay away from being too tight. That you should worry about.