Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does anyone get the LB removed just because they don't like it?

//The main reason I worry about self pay with the band is when people have complications and are not covered by insurance to deal with those, like removals or emergency situations that they don't expect beforehand. Hopefully you won't have that problem. //

You see this is exactly where doing your homework beforehand is ~crucial~ !! I chose a clinic that will guarentee my band for life. Before I ever agreed to have surgery with them I asked all the questions, including all after-banding issues. They will do any other surgeries that I need that are band related (flipped port, leaking port/tubing, leaking band, repositioning of band, or complete removal) at no extra charge to me, other than the anesthesiologist who works as a seperate entity at the clinic. The only thing they ask of me is that I use only their clinic for my aftercare and fills....which is no big issue as they offer 1 year free fills etc. and they are reasonably and comparatively priced as anywhere else. I had to travel 6 hours (including a border crossing (Can/US)) one way to see my surgeon but for the lifetime of care, I feel it is completely worth it. Keep in mind they have 'satellite offices' for aftercare so for fills I only travel 2 hours to see their staff.

Thanks for the comments Josie. I have in fact had people make rude and unnecessary comments regarding some of my posts. I think I strike too close to home for some people and they get defensive :tongue_smilie: I will continue to share my own story, including both the good and bad....if people want to read it they can, and if they skip over it, that's ok too.

Patricia

Hi, all!!

I just wanted to point out one little thing..

I did self pay in Mexico, and someone on this thread said that sometimes there are issues when you get back to the states..

I just wanted to say that thankfully, insurance covers all of my aftercare..Thankfully!!

I am sorry to those who are having band issues :wub: I can't even imagine how disappointing it must be for you to think you were making this great life change and then have so many problems...Yuck ;)

Good luck to all of you!! :)

I don't know where to start but I can sure use your suggestions. I am a fairly newbie only 27 into my band. I have been experiencing a lot of pain, from what I read I am experiencing the "Stuck" feeling and althought when "vomiting" nothing comes out but gas I have the feeling of having a heart attack. After the first set of "stuck feeling" epidoses I went to the doctor, which was surprise because all I was having were mushy items.He took out "residual liquid on the band" and asked me to go back to liquids and I did. After another week of liquids but disconfort but not as bad, i finished my week. I went back to mushy and one day in and the "stuck" feeling came back and this time there is nothing stopping it. I thought I was going to die in my bathroom floor, the pain was sooo band I could not even breath properly. I was rushed to the ER. After almost 6 hours in there they gave me a esophagram and nothing displayed to be wrong and no liquids were getting stuck apparently. I saw the doctor later on that day and he said that this is very unusal condisering my band is empty. He said a solution would be to have it removed but that would be crazy considering thati just had my band in. Today my 3rd day in liquids (today i made it all clear liquids) and the stuck feeling is still here. I am in tears after i drink anything. I am now even afraid of drinking water.... has anyone been through this before? I am very afraid and I have never before in my life experience anything like this. The pain i have is soooo severe that it brings me to my knees. i can't sleep, I can't even talk at times, I can't laugh, I can't drink. Any information or advice you can provide is greatly appreciated.

I'm having mine removed after only 5 weeks. I hate the way it makes me feel! However, I think my symptoms are unusual. I am having problems swallowing (there is no fill in my band), I get hungry and need to eat but food does not appeal at all (forcing myself to eat), I have no energy although I exercise 2 times a day, and yes I hate the idea of having this foreign object in me. I also am scared to death of the PBing (which has not happened, knock wood). So my darling husband is taking me back to Mexico to have it removed in 5 days! I wonder if anyone out there is happy to have theirs removed?

Nevermind !