Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Been bummed out lately....

Hello fellow bandsters, I have been off the boards for a while, been so busy with work, but hope to be back as a regular now, I need you guys and have missed you all.

Latest on me. I had my revision surgery on February 26th,2005 yeehaw!:banana and have lost a grand total of 138.5 pounds to date. I am scheduled for my first adjustment or "fill" on April 26th. I realize that is way later than normal for a first adjustment but my surgeon felt like we needed to wait a while and allow my stomach swelling to go completely down and for me to get healed up after the second band placement. I am so exctied to say the insurance did pay for the second band and Praise the Lord for that! (happy dance in progress):banana:banana:banana:banana:banana

I have been kinda bummed out lately though cause I need my adjustment as I am back on regular food and I am able to eat way more than I should. Have to keep telling myself to eat the bandster way when you are SATISFIED, not necessarily FULL!!! I just have to make a conscious effort to watch it and that is why I have not lost any more. I also have got to get going on the exercise and Water intake again too. I feel like a failure :) as I have not been being very good lately in my snacking etc. I am sharing with you my goals now I need to lose 80 more pounds and here is what I plan to do to make it happen:

1. Be on this board daily as I need the support DAILY!!!

2. Drink at least 64 ounces of water per day.

3. Exercise 30 minutes (at least) every day.

4. STOP SNACKING BETWEEN MEALS!!! (those one or two bites of sugar free candy and sugar free icecream and sugarfree Cookies make a difference!!!)

5. Last and most importantly PRAY for guidance from above.

Please pray with me :) as I start the second part of my journey. I need your support. You guys are great thanks so much for letting me vent.

Brenda! You've lost 138lbs!!!! That's amazing! I know another 80lbs probably seems like a huge mountain to climb but just focus on today and tomorrow if you absolutely have to! I've got 93lbs to lose so I'm not far behind you! I try to remember what I was doing this time last year and realise how quickly (and scarily) time passes, and that by this time next year, I should be at my goal, Godwilling.

You're right to focus on your goals, but don't beat yourself up if you miss out on one or two a day. I've become addicted to online food diaries. i really think they help me stay on track. I was using Fitday.com but found it a bit too American! I now use Weightlossresources.com which has a UK food database. I love playing about with the goals and stuff.

Anyway, I think you're amazing. A real inspiration to me and everyone else I'm sure. Stay cool!

Scotty, thanks, I needed the encouragment. You are doing great yourself. Pat yourself on the back! I am determined to be on the boards more for the support and look forward to seeing you reach your goal as well. Thanks again.

HI Brenda,

You know what you need to do. Look how well you have already done!!! I know that some days just seem like you will never get where you want to go. I am fighting food demons daily and trying to stick to the plan to get where I want to go as well. Got my trusty Water bottle sitting next to me here at my desk.....

Babs in TX

Brenda, you've done wonderfully!! And what a blessing to have a second chance to start again. However long this interim period is, it will be only a blip on your journey to whever you are going. Congratulations on being rebanded and welcome back!! :) :) :D

Brenda, really, you are doing fantastic!! Congrats!

I like your strategy for success. Baby step that, break it into little bits that are easily accomplished and when that becomes habit step it up a notch.

Also, if you are snacking inbetween meals because you are hungry, pre-plan Snacks that won't negatively impact your goals but will give you snacking satisfaction, like maybe sliced cucumbers cold stored in some vinegar Water, or other raw veggies. You really get some chewing satisfaction (I like celery and carrots for that), and you really can't go overboard on those types of things.

We'll be with you every step of the way! Whoo hoo!