Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

looking for dr for 10,000 or less in South Florida

Any one have good Dr down here in sunny So Florida. I have no insurance and No job. My family is trying to raise the money so i can get well enough to work and hopefully pay them back. Any ideas, I have been turned down every where I have turned......

will help you get it done in Mexico for $8k. They'll fly you there, drive you to the hospital, make sure all your paperwork is in order and drive you back to the airport the next day. If there are any problems, they'll function as patient advocates and help straighten the problem out. if any aspect of your health is causing your concern above and beyond obesity, you'll also spend the night in the hospital there with the physicians keeping an eye on you. That would cost thousands of dollars here in the US and make it much more expensive.

You'll find a lot of people on this board who had their surgeries done in Mexico. The doctors there were doing Lap Band procedures before the doctors here were. When the FDA finally approved the Lap Band, Inamed brought physicians up front Mexico to teach the doctors here how to do the surgery. People like Ariel Ortiz and Roberto Rumbaut have performed literally thousands of the surgeries. Rumbaut, himself, has a Lap Band. The centers in Mexico where these doctors work are beautiful, modern and specifically designed to get American healthcare dollars - so they are built to satisfy American consumers.

Here's an interview with Dr. Ortiz and you can see the facility where he works.

http://lovemylapband.wordpress.com/2008/02/19/youtube-interview-with-dr-ariel-ortiz/

And here's World Med Assist:

http://www.worldmedassist.com

I know someone who posts on this board has a signature that says her surgery was done by Dr. Wade Barker in Dallas for $9500, so you might want to check that out as well.

Edited by Lori in Cali

Any one have good Dr down here in sunny So Florida. I have no insurance and No job. My family is trying to raise the money so i can get well enough to work and hopefully pay them back. Any ideas, I have been turned down every where I have turned......

I know you can apply through carecredit.com for a loan. Dr Kirshenbaum, here in Denver is who a lot of self pays goes to. Not sure how it would work with no income...maybe someone in your family can cosign??

my dr in Bradenton charges $13,000 for cash pay. Sorry its not $10k but thats as close as I know of to it in the states.

You can get your family to cosign for a loan and get a band in Mexico for $7900 or a sleeve with no after care for $8750.

Personally, I'd go for the sleeve. No aftercare issues.

will help you get it done in Mexico for $8k. They'll fly you there, drive you to the hospital, make sure all your paperwork is in order and drive you back to the airport the next day. If there are any problems, they'll function as patient advocates and help straighten the problem out. if any aspect of your health is causing your concern above and beyond obesity, you'll also spend the night in the hospital there with the physicians keeping an eye on you. That would cost thousands of dollars here in the US and make it much more expensive.

You'll find a lot of people on this board who had their surgeries done in Mexico. The doctors there were doing Lap Band procedures before the doctors here were. When the FDA finally approved the Lap Band, Inamed brought physicians up front Mexico to teach the doctors here how to do the surgery. People like Ariel Ortiz and Roberto Rumbaut have performed literally thousands of the surgeries. Rumbaut, himself, has a Lap Band. The hospitals in Mexico where these doctors work are beautiful, modern and specifically designed to get American healthcare dollars - so they are built to satisfy American consumers.

Here's an interview with Dr. Ortiz and you can see the facility where he works.

YouTube interview with Dr. Ariel Ortiz « Love My Lap Band!

And here's World Med Assist:

Medical Tourism Company | Health Travel | Global HealthCare by WorldMedAssist

I know someone who posts on this board has a signature that says her surgery was done by Dr. Wade Barker in Dallas for $9500, so you might want to check that out as well.

Ortiz does not work out of a hospital, he works out of a clinic. That's kind of deceptive to refer to a hospital when it is not done in a hospital. If Worldmedassist is saying that, they are being extremely dishonest. Besides, there is absolutely no reason to go through a 3rd party organization anyway. Hardly anyone does that, it's cheaper not to use those places.

BubbleButt,

I'm not trying to mislead anyone, nor did i say that World Med Assist works with Ortiz. I mentioned several options and World Med Assist was just one. I mentioned Baker in Dallas, as well as Rumbaut and Ortiz.

It may well be cheaper to have the surgery without World Med Assist but the fact that they have a clientelle for this is evidence that not everyone has the nerve to get up and fly there on their own for surgery. For those of us in the southwest, it's probably a good deal less foreign that for people in other parts of the nation. And for those people, having an additional interface may make the process less intimidating.

The point of my post was to open up options for someone who needs options. That's all.