Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Goal weighters

Just wanted to hear from all the people that are close to goal and what were their triumphs and successes along the way I'm sure everyone wants to reach goal and need encouragement to get their.

Hi Flower,

I reached my original goal about a month ago and now I am working on a new goal. I started out at 334 pounds and now weight 180. I am trying to get below 170 before I have plastic surgery in June to remove some excess skin and fat. There are so many things I can do now that I could not before. I did not get on airplanes for fear of not being able to fit in the seats. I did not go to amusement parks. Couldnt fit on the rides and I got tired from all the walking. I went to Six Flags yesterday here in TX and went on every ride over and over again! Wow! What a rush. My kids and I are enjoying the newfound freedom and I am trying to make up for lost time. I have been obese since I was a teenager, so I am totally in a new element here and everyday brings new surprises. I am thrilled with my band. I feel confident that I will get to the 160's or lower if I work reallly hard on the remaining pounds. THe last 10-20 are the hardest!!!

Babs in TX

334/180/170

new goal: 170 or less....

Hi Flower, I'm 14 pounds away from my original goal weight I set the day of my surgery. I has been a year since I was banded. I can not even begin to tell you all of the triumphs I have had in the past year but I will say that the band is the best thing I have ever done for myself, I honestly feel for thefirst time in my life I will not gain this weight back. I am a much happier person, inside and out. The happiness radiates from me. Like Babs said, my kids are also enjoying their new mom and all the energy I have and all of the fun thingswe now do that I never did pre band. Hubby is benefiting too :)

My band has changed my life. I LOVE MY BAND!!!

This is my first post, although I have been reading for a while.I realized today I am only 22 pounds away from goal, have lost 78 so far and fit into size 16 with room to spare. I am 5'10''. I had my banding done in Sept 2003 and it is the best thing I ever did for me. My knees don't hurt, I can walk up and down stairs, my brain is taking a little more time to catch up with the reality though. The best is that I know that this time it won't come back, I was a great dieter, could lose lots of weight, but it always came back with a little extra. food was my great comfort, now it is just, I don't know, I guess I am still discovering my relationship with it. I am going on a cruise with a friend in May and some people asked me if I was going to open my band and enjoy the food. I think that is such a defeatist attitude, I will enjoy the food, just not as much of it as pre-surgery. Why go back to that way of life? The mind is the main problem, but we all who battle weight know that. I have 3.8cc in my band, and I am limited. But I want to get the rest off and go on with life. The max for my band is 4.5cc. Thanks to all for this site, it really is helpful. Judi;-)

WOW.. you girls are amazing!

My goal is to be under 200.. (like 195#)

But I hope that when it gets down there I may get a new goal as well!!

Hi Flower,

My goal is 160.00 I started at 241.00 had my surgery July of 2004. I am a good 6 to 7 lbs away from goal but that is ok for me it is in site. I love the new me no more huffing and puffing just to walk out to my car (driveway) I can know walk long distances and still keep going. I am off my Asthma meds but do keep them around just in case. My Clothes are now under sized 16 (cannot remember when I wore that size)

Physically My knees are lot better but the excess weight did push my knee caps outward but thank God my body is ok with it. My breast are alot smaller my back does not hurt with the size they use to be. I could go on and on there are so many postive results but the best one is I can now play with my 2 boys and keep up with thier pace where before I would have to sit out and just watch.. I love life now and live it to the fullest everday.:)