Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

no fill and able to eat "normally" VERY SCARED

ok I am absolutely terrified ... I hope someone is logging on late and can calm me down!

I missed out on my first fill because of infection, I'm due tomorrow via x-ray.

And to be honest I have been able to eat more food than I have for the past few weeks (most of it soft food) although I did struggle with some mince last week, it was really difficult to swallow (some Water helped), but I'm wondering if it 'pushed the band down)

Because, last night I was having some Dhal for dinner and my boyfriend asked "has your band slipped?" he had noticed that I was able to eat more than I had over the past few weeks.

I hadn't thought about it, but jesus what if it has, what if I missed out last week on my first fill and now the thing has slipped because I struggled getting some cooked mince down.

Has anyone else had the feeling that they were able to eat 'kinda normally' or have I just blown the whole thing!

don't want to sound too desparate ... but HELP!

Edited by batkitty
spelling

Please dont stress, Towards the end of my first month i was eating pretty well whatever I wanted. I did ocassionally get stuck but it eased pretty quick. Im no expert but I think the band would have to be a little stronger than to slip over one meal. I think we are so scared that something will go wrong and we will be on our own again that anything sets off a freak out. I cant tell you its all ok but at least you will see your doc tomorrow and your mind will be at ease.

i could eat anything i wanted in the time before my fill and some after my first fill.. that is why you go back for regular fills and check ups i not have 3 ml in my band and have some restriction but will need some more fill.. its different for every one so no fill is the same for each person. im looking forward to hit the sweet spot...

Awwww Batkitty, so sorry you freaked out.

I suspect you are very normal. I also feel like I could eat a rump steak (but I'm not going to test it :-)

Dhal is very easy to eat - so imagine it went right on down to the lower portion of your stomach with no trouble. I think it just depends so much on what the food is you are eating. I'm one month out now, and scheduled for my first fill tomorrow (although I expect due to infection I won't be having it :-<). I had some chicken mince last night that filled me up after about 80 grams - and yet I can eat 120 grams of salmon with no trouble.

hey guys, thanks to those who replied and Peek thanks for the SMS!!!

If anyone else had has fills via x-ray they will know what I'm talking about, well they found the port, GREAT! problem ... it's on it's side .. so not flat, so we are heading in at an ANGLE.

Pain-ish but thank god for local anesthetic ..... ok well I'm trying to eat mushie ... because I now only have 2.5mls in the tube .. and I know many others have much more. I'll see how I go for a few days and then reassess with Surgeon.

thanks again ...

Well, first off I'm glad you were able to get your fill.

Sorry it was not so easy for you.

So, did the doc explain why your port is on its side? Any long term consequences for that?

Well, first off I'm glad you were able to get your fill.

Sorry it was not so easy for you.

So, did the doc explain why your port is on its side? Any long term consequences for that?

no he couldn't explain why it was on it's side. I did ask if it would stay that way, he said it might move once I lose weight, really no help at all.

I'm calling the surgeon tomorrow.

still hungry, only feeling a slight bit of tension in the band, for the first fill I expected it to feel significantly tighter.

and burping burping burping!

so strange others can't burp and I'm like a machine ... any thoughts fellow bandsters?:wink2:

Geez that's unlucky! Hope it flips over eventually so you don't have to go through the xray thingo everytime!

still hungry, only feeling a slight bit of tension in the band, for the first fill I expected it to feel significantly tighter.

I pretty much didn't feel any difference at all until my third fill and then WHAM - omg I feel full so quickly now. It is awesome. Good luck with everything. :rolleyes:

hey guys ... thanks to all of you who replyed to my post.

I do feel alot better. Especially knowing that others have had similar situations not feeling restriction.

thanks again