Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 meals a day, no snacks...when do you eat fruit?

I don't snack either, and I eat fruit. It's all about ratio's. Because it is so important to get enough Protein, you should always eat that first. I was taught to eat 3 bites of protein, then 1 bite of vegetable then, if I had room, some fruit. It doesn't always work out to eat that way, obviously, that is just a guideline. Remember there are lots of ways to get fiber without fruit, too~ I eat a lot of vegetables and legumes and that helps get the fiber in. One of my favorite breakfasts is fruit (especially berries) with Greek yogurt. It has 20 grams of protein in a cup and no fat! I sprinkle a little splenda on it to sweeten it up a bit and it makes a good high fiber Breakfast. That takes care of the fruit, the fiber and the protein.

Thanks kbinaz! I'll have to try that. I've heard Greek yogurt is delicious, but have never gotten any mostly because it's so pricey. I'll get some though especially for that much Protein. It's a bargain! I always get my protein quota for the day. I make it a priority. I eat veggies too, but just can't get much down most of the time. I'm full so fast and I haven't had a fill yet. I can eat almost anything, but just not very much. I think I'll try the two bites, one bite thing. Thanks again!!

Just got banded Aug 16, 2010. Just started week 2 full liquids which still is bad because I am getting hungry. I feel like I'm healing good. I could actually drink a Protein Drink that is thicker than the pre-made drinks, actually almost milkshake thickness. Anyways, PLEASE, does anyone have full liquid reccomendations.??

And just to look forward to something., how about week #3 meal plans. What are or what did you do for this week? I was thinking of adding scrambled eggs, maybe with lean turkey slices chopped? Help me out here with some feed back please. Or mashed or baked potato is that possible?

Franky Gee - any of those things listed will be fine! I love and still eat a lot of fat free turkey chilli with shredded cheese and fat-free re-fried Beans - but then again, I live in Texas so those two things are daily staples here! I was banded 11/09 and didn't have my first fill until 1/10 (because of the holidays and my surgeon having surgery) and I managed to gain 7 lbs!!!! Just remember - most surgeons don't do fills for the first 4-6 weeks after surgery to allow your tummy to heal and during that time, the opening between the two stomachs is pretty wide open and you can eat just about anything - just in smaller portions. It's a pretty rude awakening after that first fill when you eat 3 bites and your done, but after all - that's why you choose the band.

I'm currently 9 months out and I've lost 65 pounds and I keep my band tight and I'm hardly ever hungry! So hang in there!

I do incorporate a snack into my meal plan. Especially when I'm working since i work overnight shifts and go an extended period of time awake.

For breakfast I like low fat granola with yogurt and fruit. Either a piece of fruit or a serving of berries mixed in. I usually incorporate fruit with breakfast.

A common snack for me is an apple or banana with creamy, natural Peanut Butter.

A well planned out snack is ok. It's when you a mindlessly eating that you can get into trouble.

At night when we sleep our body is getting rid of toxins. fruit helps with this, and our body still continues this in the morning. Fruit in the morning is what seems to work for me. Also, if I need something at night...I eat just a few pieces of fruit. As far as Snacks, I try and only eat something raw (a fruit or veggie) and only when I’m really hungry. I eat lean protein… such as fish, chicken, Beans, or almonds as my meals along with some veggie. I stay clear of Pasta, rice, refined sugar and white flour.