Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Doubts?? Nerves?? Help!!!

Hello All-

I think there are physical reasons for the diet, but I am finding that there are other reasons as well. At first, it was really hard not to eat whatever I wanted, then that got easier, then it was really hard to be hungry and that got easier and now it is pretty simple all around. I feel like this pre diet is so that we can get focused and start understanding what it will be like post-op. I think it would be really hard to go from my old eating habits right into sugery or only a day or two of liquids. I bought slim fast high Protein at BJs by the case - a much better deal and I think we will always need to go back to these if there is irritation or after a fill and such.

Although, I am one to talk as yesterday was my birthday and we went out for steak - a favorite food that I hear is difficult to eat post banding!

Good luck to us all!

Well said! I have to agree with this. I've been doing a mostly Liquid Protein diet now for 2 weeks and I still have 2 more weeks (2 weeks from today as a matter of fact) before my surgery. It was hard at first but I'm doing really well with it now. I'm not hungry, which I thought I would be. If I feel like I need to chew something, then I grab a couple of carrots (the bariatric nurse told me in a life skills class that during this pre-op diet that if I really felt I needed something, that kind of snack would be good). I think now I'm more prepared for what comes after the surgery.

Congratulations to all of the May bandsters!!!!!

Hi Crystal, I am now on day 6 of my 10 day pre op diet. I felt the same way the first 2 days but now it got easier. I let myself have a tiny taste of hot sauce or mustard which was nice because I got tired of the sweetness of the shakes. I also found some unflavored whey Protein which I put in plain chicken broth which helped me. Having something kind of salty and warm for variety. I even went out to dinner with friends last night and sipped on my Water with lemon while they ate and drank wine. It was kind of hard but I just tried to focus on the conversaton and enjoy being out with friends. I had a shake right before I left the house so I wasn't really hungrey but it sure smelled good. This won't be forever. We will be able to eat what others are eating, just in way smaller portions. Won't it be great to have a tool that will give us portion control!:thumbup:My band day is May 12th and I am really excited. I had some fears and doubts until I found this site. The people here are so helpful and supportive. Hang in there....YOU CAN DO IT! Becky