Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

midband questions

hey everyone!!! i had the french midband placed in dec 07. i have only lost about 20lbs though. dr. de la garza in monterrey placed it. he was wonderful!!! i did my research but i had not heard of the midband until i got to monterrey. doc said that since i had so much scar tissue (from previous open RNY) the midband would be better option. i didn't know i could not get a fill for it in the u.s. i haven't has a fill yet because i would have to go back to mexico. does anyone know of a good place, somewhere remotely close to georgia to get the midband filled.

thanks guys

I dont see how what kind of band you have affects where you can get it done... have you checkedout the Fill Centers USA website to see if there is a location near you?

I have a midband as well btw (but I live in Canada and my doc that did the surgery does my fills)

Maybe someone out there knows the answer to this. I had my 2nd fill last week. In the dr office they told me to swallow some Water to see if it went down(my dr does fills in his office, no flouroscopy) and initially it didnt, so he removed a small amount and the water went down real slow. He only has 3.8 in a 10cc band. Since the fill, I have been able to drink real slow and eating has been almost non-existant and it seems like for the most part, its too much effort to even try eating, although the first couple days I was on liquids, then to mushies and now trying solids. My question is "why does it feel like no matter what I drink, including water, it feels like there is a knot at the end of my esophagus and if I continually swallow small drinksof water, it actually goes easier than several smaller drinks....also, it seems like no matter how little I eat or how long I chew and liquify the food, it seems almost like there is a knot about where the band is. It doesnt seem like I actually get a full feeling, just that when I swallow food, it goes straight to the band and has a hard time going through....although that part is understandable. What is the feeling like when the food just goes to the pouch and then fills and waits to digest?" I need to know exactly what to watch for because it seems like I cant swallow water as easily as something like creamed Soup or mashed potatoes and I want to be able to tell my dr exactly whats happening and to be able to get the most productive fill when I am at the office. Iwas banded 3/7 and have only lost 16 lbs by the dr scale and I know Im well under 1500...more like 1000 to 1200 cal a day