Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Issues.. **TMI Warning**

Oh, God it's been a horrid month...

First, my mother has some kind of colon infection that causes ulcers (Colitus (sp)). We find out because a few weeks ago she decides to pass out and vomit all over her bedroom (she lives with DH & I, she has severe osteo-arthritus). Anyway, I call the ambulance and her BP is 40/20...she almost DIES in the emergency room (she became septic). After 3 days in ICU she finally recovers, is in the hospital about 10days and now is home resting and recovering.

I'm thrilled she's alive, too bad nobody can enjoy her recovery. Her back is very bad with bulging disks etc. about once every 3 years she has injections in her back that helps her deal with the pain. She is VERY overdue for them but missed her last appt because she was in the hospital. We've rescheduled but it's basically been me playing caregiver because she can hardly get out of bed.

Not being mean here, I love my mother but it's taking it's toll on me, mainly because I'm having an issue myself...(TMI Incoming)

For the last month I've had one HUGE, HORRIBLE period...just out of the blue. I'll slow down for a day or two then BAM heavy bleeding, clots etc. I'm really worried...but, everytime I make an appt to see my doctor something happens and I have to be home with my mother. I'm about ready to scream.....

I feel sick and miserable ALL THE TIME. I've NEVER had periods like this, EVER. My emotions are all screwed up and my body is SCREAMING for all this to stop.

My mother finally has her appt on Tuesday, and maybe just MAYBE I can find out what the hell is my problem on Wednesday.

Sorry guys, just venting but I feel like I'm going to EXPLODE from all this. I'm so miserable and depressed....on top of that we've pretty much burned through all our savings (I've been out of work) and now that I'm so close to surgery time, I don't want to return to work because I'll just have to take off in another month or so for surgery stuff. (besides my mother is a FULL TIME JOB)

So, in addition to everything, money is getting tighter by the minute. :)

AHHHHHHHHH *CRY*

AWW!! I'm sorry you are having a hard time. Aging mothers (and fathers) can really throw a wrench into life, I know. I hope you get to the doctor soon, your body is telling you something is definitely wrong!! Hope you feel better soon!

I am sorry to hear that you are having a hard time.

I have heard that stress causes a woman's cycle to do things like that. I take Yaz, and it ended my periods completely, although that particular pill is not supposed to. There are other pills on the market that can eliminate that "time of the month." Some ladies can't take artificial hormones. I don't know if you are able to, but if you are having a difficult cycle maybe you can get on a pill to alleviate it.

Good luck, and take care. Let us know how you and your mother are doing.

Hey MicheleK

I am sorry to hear about your stress..role reversal can be really tough. I have pcos so i know what you are going through as far as irregular periods. My cycle is all over the place. My last period was extremly heavy it lasted for two weeks. I have heavy clotting and cramping. My gyn said i just had to go through it becouse i hadnt had a period in a long time. Its probally your body reacting to your stress but say strong sweetheart things will get better :wink2:

Thank you for the words of support!! It's nice to be able to complain and have other people understand what you're going through. :rolleyes: I have a dr's appt on Wednesday...so I hope I can get some answers.

You guys are the best!! :tt1: