Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi all,

I just wanted to take a minute and introduce myself. I was banded on Jan 29th, 2008. I had my first fill on March 19th. I have only lost about 6 lbs since then but have been working out about 4 day a week consistantly since the fill. I have lost 4 inches in my waist and lost 2 inches everywhere else. I feel great! I am just wondering why I am not losing the pounds? Any advice or support anyone could offer would be greatly appreciate it!

NO REGRETS!

Angie :frown:

Hi Angie and welcome to LBT. That is great that you are working out and measuring. When you are not losing as much as you think you should, it makes a big difference to see that you are losing inches.

You said you had a fill on March 19th. That is almost two months ago. Many people take 2-3 fills to reach their sweet spot. Do you feel full fairly quickly? It is hard to tell why you are not losing without more information. Maybe you could give us an idea of what you eat in a day, how many calories, etc.

I received my band on March 18th. I have not had a fill and have lost about 22 lbs. I have not measured myself so I'm not sure how many inches I have lost. My doctor says that is may take several fills before it is just right so be patient. Losing inches is great too!

When you exercise regularly you will probably not lose as many lbs but you will reshape your body and lose inches which is what you really want anyway. You are building muscle and muscle weighs more than fat. You just have to be very careful. After my workout I am not hungry at first but several hours later I could eat a horse! I have to really watch out that I don't out eat the band by grazing or eating the wrong foods! Great job! keep up the exercise!

I am so glad I found this website. I sometimes feel like I am all by myself in the banded world. My family is supportive but you can see they get tired of you saying I lost this, I feel like this, I want to do this! The only one that truly does not have an underlying grudge is my MOM who is getting bypass in a couple of months. I already appreciate everybody's support. OK, now I can get off my soapbox. I am due to get another fill on Wednesday and I have noticed a lot of time when I get done working out, I AM HUNGRY! :frown: I am not gonna lie THERE ARE WEAK MOMENTS! I am trying to work through them! I also keep a daily journal.

I recently took my behavior modification class and they said there are times you won't lose the pounds because of Water weight gain or muscle building and that you have to see beyond the scales. Congratulations on your inches lost......actually I think that would excite me more since people see you with their eyes and aren't walking around with a scale to put you on. The pounds will catch up.....perhaps you are building muscle and creating a higher metabolism right now. Are you drinking plenty of water? minor dehydration can lead to your body retaining water.

I do try and drink plenty of Water, That is about my only drink beside one coffee in the morning and sugar free koolaid. I guess maybe I am just being impatient. Everyone that sees me says how nice I look, but I think we do not see it ourselves because we look at "us" everyday. We are less likely to see what others do. My biggest problem is nite time c ravings. I am fine during the day, after workout and making dinner, taking care of my daughter, just sit down to relax and BAM, Im hungry! Any advice on how to beat the craving or what you do eat that is helthy enough that late.