Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

starting IVF thought the band would help!

So I knew that there was a chance that having the band would not make me be able to have a baby, but underneath I hope that losing the weight would have made a diffance and I would have fallen, but nothing.

I do have periods each month like clock work so in that way I am lucky!! or so I have been told!! I dont feel lucky I feel gutted, I hoped by having the lap band and shifting the weight I would become a mum, instead nothing.

So my husband and I went to harley st in london and we start our IVF on the 12th May.

I hate the fact they can not tell me why I do not become pregrant, I think I would rather someone say this is wrong or that.

I hate the fact that all my life I have worked and paid in to OUR NHS and I am not allowed it funded as my husband has a daughter with an EX, so because of another womans child I am not allowed it funded and have to fund it my self along with the fact I had to fund my own lap band.

What is wrong with this country, all these other people come over to our country and get everything on the NSH, and I get turned away but I still have to pay my taxe's.

Arggggggggggg

Anyway other then that I am happy with my weight loss, 22st2lb start and am today 15st 12lb. So getting slim and sexy.

Hi Helen,

I am not too familiar with the NSH or socialized medicine in the UK. However, I know that they won't do IVF if you are over a certain BMI (govt paid). I always thought that brits were so lucky to have IVF paid for, but I guess I was under the wrong impresssion.

I am right behind you on the IVF wagon. Being able to have a baby is my #1 reason for getting IVF. I hope to have it some time this year. My periods have come back and I wish it would just *happen*, but I know it probably won't. I have other factors besides PCOS the make it unlikely for me to get prego naturally.

Good luck, let us know how you are doing!! This WILL work for you!

That's beyond crappy Helen!!! You'd think that they would look at WOMEN being able to have kids period, not whether or not someone's husband was able to with someone else. Then again, we're not exactly the ones in charge of this stuff are we?

Hugs to you and I truly hope everything works out.

just to let you all know it worked 1st time, and I find out if I have twins next friday, well worth every penny.