Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting banded June 10th!!

Finally a date!! So the whole process has been since November, but it took less than two weeks to get final approval from insurance. I am ready to get moving & get healthy!!

Yeah for you!!! I too am going to be banded on the 10th of June. I still need to go through a few more tests, but I have approval and a date set. I could have had it done in April, but I am a teacher figured it would be better in the summer. Do you have to go on a Protein liquid diet before? I do . I will start that on May 26th. The hardest thing will be staying on the diet when we go to Disneyland the weekend after I start this diet. I know I can do it because I want this to happen sssooooo.... much. It fun to see that someone else will be banded on the same day! Good luck. Jules

Jules, I'm a teacher too and am excited to have my date for the very first week available when my summer conference is finished.

It's been awhile since I went to DisneyWorld, but I'm thinking it won't be too terrible hard to stick to your diet. I remember it was alot of action and walking and seeing things, and not much stopping for eating. Just stay hydrated.

I was not given an pre-op diet instructions. I only check back in one time before the surgery date and that is with the P.A. and then register at the hospital.

Hopefully, these next few weeks fly by!

Jules, I'm a teacher too and am excited to have my date for the very first week available when my summer conference is finished.

It's been awhile since I went to DisneyWorld, but I'm thinking it won't be too terrible hard to stick to your diet. I remember it was alot of action and walking and seeing things, and not much stopping for eating. Just stay hydrated.

I am going to start now with more exercise and just getting used to being on a schedule with eating and exercise.

Good luck!

Hey! I am a teacher also! I teach at a Technology College, I teach Business. We have class year round, so I will just take medical leave. I have my surgery on a Friday, will miss the next week, come back to work for a week and then be off for summer break from June 23 to July 6. So I think I can handle it. In addition to that I teach adults and that is a little easier than children.

I think that teaching adults would be a good gig. I currently teach 2nd grade and I love it, but I know I would NOT want to go any younger. Most of my career has been with 4th grade and that was really enjoyable.

At least the week that you go back before Summer break, you won't have your student hugging on you because they missed you!

I am going to start now with more exercise and just getting used to being on a schedule with eating and exercise.

Good luck!

I think that is a great idea! I've gotten into the habit of exercising and writing down what I eat because I had to do that for True Results to send to my insurance company. I never complained about having to do the 6 months of supervised dieting because in that 6 months I lost almost 30 pounds that have stayed off and I have changed some habits that needed changing. If I just went and got banded without working to give up soft drinks and rice, I don't think I would be successful.

Congrats on the surgery date and good luck!

I think that is a great idea! I've gotten into the habit of exercising and writing down what I eat because I had to do that for True Results to send to my insurance company. I never complained about having to do the 6 months of supervised dieting because in that 6 months I lost almost 30 pounds that have stayed off and I have changed some habits that needed changing. If I just went and got banded without working to give up soft drinks and rice, I don't think I would be successful.

I feel the same way about the 6 month diet. :thumbup: I am going to True Results in Houston. Dr. Hollis is my doc. I hope to be a Jazzy Junie, but do not have cardio clearance yet. :thumbup:

Hey! I'm in Houston and I just got my date. I'm June 10th also! :lol:

Finally a date!! So the whole process has been since November, but it took less than two weeks to get final approval from insurance. I am ready to get moving & get healthy!!

:lol::lol:congratulations on the surgery date! I am trying to keep up with everone and post it on the line up thread! :lol:

:lol::lol:My surgery date is one month from today! June 6!:lol:

Yeah! So happy to be here, thanks Jules K for telling me about our own thread! I am also being banded on June 10th! I still can't believe it! Now, I am not a teacher but I am married to one.

I finally got my surgery date also! :biggrin: I am also a teacher. I teach 4th grade and love it.

I am so excited to finally have an official date!:)

Congratulations Twinmommie! Welcome! I added your name to our list of Jazzy Junes! This must be the month for teachers!:biggrin: