Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May Exercise Challenge

Go Salsa!! You are a lean mean running machine!:tongue2::thumbup::thumbup:

So Karri, are you going to re-set your goal weight to something lower now that you are so physically active and still dropping weight? Or just consider yourself done and anything else you happen to lose is gravy?

My signature used to say 160 goal...lighter after TT. No I think I am done. I would love to get to 145 and have a normal BMI, but I am not trying to lose weight any more. If it happens it happens. I know that I am going to lose more than a few pounds with my TT. The average is 6 pounds...mine will be more I think. Goal after surgery is 150 and I will do what it takes to get there, but I think after they remove the skin that there will be no work on my part. My doc estimated 10+ pounds coming off in surgery! So basically everything at this point is gravy.

I know how much I need to exercise to maintain and right now I am doing way more because I am in training. There is a huge difference. Exercising to lose weight, exercising to maintain weight, and training take very different approaches mentally and physically. I will lose more weight (hopefully not too much more) between now and my half-marathon. Then after I have recovered from the TT I start training for my Eugene Marathon. At that point I will probably drop weight again, but it will come back once I stop. My DH doesn't want me stick thin and I will respect that. I am healthy now and don't want to risk going too far the other way.

I think I babble a lot but essentially it boils down to this...right now everything is gravy...after surgery I want to be below 150...beyond that...its gravy!

So Karri, are you going to re-set your goal weight to something lower now that you are so physically active and still dropping weight? Or just consider yourself done and anything else you happen to lose is gravy?

MollyMolly,

Congrats on getting to onderland!! Way to go!:tongue2:

2 more days of exercise and Trikking done, but the scale is still stuck. On the good side, I am down another 2 inches on my waist, so I must be doing something right......

We now have a 9:30 pm walking /running group, well 4 of us, in the neighborhood, so that makes it nice to have someone else to exercise with.

Keep it up everyone. It looks like everyone is doing great. I am still determined to make my goal weight by my bandiversary, but it will be close.:biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:

Jody, LOL, you and I were thinking and writing the same thing at the same time.

Molly, Congratulations on reaching Onderland!

Way to go Girl!!!!

:tongue2::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Dave,

Becky made the comment the other day that scales "lie, lie, lie," and I am absolutely convinced that she's right about this. I used to live and die by the scale, but I'm over it now.

For example, right now the scale is moving very slooooowly for me, but my body continues to move at a steady pace in the downward direction. I bought a fitted blouse last month (size Medium) that was just wee bit snug in through the waist -- now it is way loose in through the waist. How can this happen if I'm not losing fat or pounds? It can't, plain and simple.......

Same thing with you -- losing 2 inches in through the waist is HUGE and there is no way a dumb scale will ever convince me that you haven't lost weight.

I don't know exactly what the problem is with these scales, but they are woefully inadequate as a device to accurately measure our bodies.

I don't know when the legs-of-lead stage ends -- hopefully soon! But I'm already able to see an improvement, especially in how much I'm panting for breath after the running portions. :thumbdown:

I'm trying to get motivated -- it's gray and rainy here, with a breeze. Do I want to get wet, or go try my workout on a treadmill instead? Hmmmm

Totally missed the fact you made it to ONEderland. Ahh..chalk it up to delusions after running. CONGRATS! THAT IS A HUGE ACCOMPLISHMENT!

Today's cardio is done. Off to the doctor in a little while.

Crazy Ates May Exercise Challenge

10/20 Cardio Sessions 3/8 Weight Training

Good luck Becky! Keep us posted.

I did my 4.5 miles today. The knee was tight but I stopped and stretched along the way and it helped a lot.

I got session one of week two of the Couch to 5K plan in tonight, and Molly, during the first interval, I had a "leadless legs" moment.

Gravity took over with a vengeance very quickly thereafter but.... I got a glimpse of things to come.

An absolutely adorable young boy of about seven decided that he wanted to do my intervals with me -- so we raced (he won, of course :thumbup:).

Have a great night everyone!

I am getting ready to do a big run/walk. Run 6 miles/walk 2 miles/run 2 miles/walk 2 miles. I had better get jeers and angry PM if I don't post that I did this. Thursdays are the days you get to prepare to be mean to me! I am waiting until later when the sun starts to set and it cools off a bit. I think we got over 85 today! Will check back later!

No exercise today. :biggrin: I sat on the couch with a sinus infection. Hopefully I will feel better tomorrow.

I am getting ready to do a big run/walk. Run 6 miles/walk 2 miles/run 2 miles/walk 2 miles. I had better get jeers and angry PM if I don't post that I did this. Thursdays are the days you get to prepare to be mean to me! I am waiting until later when the sun starts to set and it cools off a bit. I think we got over 85 today! Will check back later!

How about I cheer you on!! You are amazing with your goals!! :biggrin::thumbup: I wish I could be as determined and motivated as you are.