Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

12 days Post op and down 20lbs. Will this all come back?

Guest tgleicher

Guest tgleicher

Hi:

I was banded on 3/28 by Dr Roth in White Plains NY. So far, all seems on target, but I'm wondering how many of you were able to keep on losing after the initial "pre first fill " period without gaining most of it back.

TonyG

I lost about 22 lbs in my pre fill time. I have not gained any of it back. It was three months prior to my first fill and I lost weight that entire time. I have periods where I gain 1 to 5 lbs but then I get back on track and it comes off plus more.

Hope this helps.

I have not gained any weight at all since being banded. I have fit several plateus, but not gained. Praise The Lord!

Hi Tony, Congratulations on your new band!

20 lbs is fantastic.

To answer your question I lost 20 lbs before my first fill and did not gain it back, the thing you will notice though is you may gain a pound or two once you get to full blown solids until your body adjusts to the solid foods again, but as along as you follow the basic bandster rules, you should be fine . I would not worry, plus any weight you lose during the 6 week post op pre fill stage is considered a bonus. My doctor told me not to worry if I did not lose wieght before I got a fill, he was more concerned with me healing for those 6 weeks to make sure my band set in place and my incisions healed up properly ,the band works best when it is filled. Try not to worry, the band is a life time & this 6 weeks is just a short time in a long journey. Hang in there and Good Luck to you :)

I agree with Michelle. I haven't "gained back" any of the real weight I've lost, but my actual daily scale number can vary by as much as 5-8 pounds over the course of a week. I imagine that effect will be less dramatic in men, but you may very well fluctuate by a few pounds here and there along your journey. I have heard of people who regain their entire pre-fill loss before getting to a good level of restriction, but I don't think that's a very common experience.

I lost about 25 lbs pre-fill, and now I can't even remember if any of that came back on before the losing started again. See? It really won't matter in the long run.

Hi!

Congrats on the 20 pounds!! WOW! I was banded on March 2nd and lost 15 lbs. during the liquid stage. When I started solids I gained back 2.5 pounds and stayed there for 2 weeks. I just got my first fill 2 days ago and I already have lost the 2.5 I gained when I started solids. Im sure the body holds on to what it can after only having liquids for 3 weeks!!! I haven't been hungry since my fill! We'll see if it lasts!

Monica

Dr. Ortiz

185/169/130

Banded March 2, 2005

Down 16 so far!!!