Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I told ya so!!! Warning... descriptive chunkiness.

Well, I had my first PB today. I decided to get a salad today for lunch. I have been having GREAT luck with salads. I chose one that had plenty of Protein. Ham, turkey, boiled egg, and cheese. All was going great, just like always untill I decided to eat the egg. I had only eaten about 7 bites of my salad. (yes, I ate some protein first) The egg hit my gut like a TON of bricks.

Mind you this is at lunch and today was only my 3rd day of work at my new job! I was sitting in my truck in the parking lot. I did not have a drink with me because We are not supposed to be drinking right??

I knew things were bad when I started sliming. I packed up my lunch and started heading back to the office. I had to walk by the pick nick table (with occupants) and started to heave just passed them. Thank goodness I was behind a bank of trees. Made it up the stairs and up to my office bathroom. I was sliming all the way. A mouth full of slime is no fun and makes things worse! I felt "the" feeling and stepped into a stall. One good heave and it was all over as quick as it began.

I was worried about prolapse. (of coarse) I had some sunflower seeds and a cup of coffee to make sure I could get something down. I had no problem.

I hope I never do that again!

I had a similar experience with a hard boiled egg. I've got to tell you that never, will be too soon for me to have another one. :thumbup:

Edited by Momto1plus1

Well, I had my first PB today. I decided to get a salad today for lunch. I have been having GREAT luck with salads. I chose one that had plenty of Protein. Ham, turkey, boiled egg, and cheese. All was going great, just like always untill I decided to eat the egg. I had only eaten about 7 bites of my salad. (yes, I ate some Protein first) The egg hit my gut like a TON of bricks.

Mind you this is at lunch and today was only my 3rd day of work at my new job! I was sitting in my truck in the parking lot. I did not have a drink with me because We are not supposed to be drinking right??

I knew things were bad when I started sliming. I packed up my lunch and started heading back to the office. I had to walk by the pick nick table (with occupants) and started to heave just passed them. Thank goodness I was behind a bank of trees. Made it up the stairs and up to my office bathroom. I was sliming all the way. A mouth full of slime is no fun and makes things worse! I felt "the" feeling and stepped into a stall. One good heave and it was all over as quick as it began.

I was worried about prolapse. (of coarse) I had some sunflower seeds and a cup of coffee to make sure I could get something down. I had no problem.

I hope I never do that again!

Welcome to the Club! You are now part of the "In-Crowd". Seriously, it happens to the best of us.

Keep up the great work not the sliming though. LOL!

Cindy

Interesting about the hurling. I have gotten stuck and slimey several times now. I always wonder if hurling would make it go faster/better. I have never had the nerve to try. I always thought it might make it worse. Also, I have some weird fear that it would come up and not all the way out and might get stuck in my windpipe....

Interesting about the hurling. I have gotten stuck and slimey several times now. I always wonder if hurling would make it go faster/better. I have never had the nerve to try. I always thought it might make it worse. Also, I have some weird fear that it would come up and not all the way out and might get stuck in my windpipe....

Oh... believe me, your body is VERY efficient at "elimination". Once it hurls, it is not going to stop and get hung up.

I do have to say... it was a very small heave. I guess it doesn't take much to empty the golf ball!

The good news??? I knew you were going to ask! I now know for certain that I am chewing my food well!:wub:

I haven't PB'd but I've come close. The other day, I had Triscuits and spinach dip and after a few bites, it took a few minutes to go down. After that, I was a little sore but I didn't make the connection so I had some more that evening. That time, it took longer and I slimed a bit and came closer to bringing it back up. This time, the soreness lasted several hours and into the next day, especially when I ate.

I was a little worried since it was now the day before my next round of chemo so I called Mindy (coltonwade on this board) who is a dear friend who lives nearby. She described how she has felt in similar conditions and that was exactly how I felt -- like I had done a bunch of abdominal crunches -- so I felt better knowing it wasn't somehow related to my illness. I stuck to liquids and soft foods for a day and now I'm fine. I think that Triscuits are so rough that they may have been abrasive to my stomach at the band. This was the first time I've had Triscuits since I got the band.

I'm at 6ccs since I had 1cc taken out after my cancer diagnosis. I go back in two weeks and plan to have another 1cc taken out. I'm successfully maintaining but I don't need anything else to worry about right now! I'll have one more round of chemo in three weeks and if things continue to look good (no cancer in my lungs or elsewhere and shrinking in my uterus) then surgery may be next, followed by more chemo. I would love to get "George" out of me all at once! :thumbup: