Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Restriction at Last!

I’ve had two false alarms before when I thought I had restriction. However, with my fourth fill, I do finally have restriction. I should; I have 10cc in the 14cc band. This time my appetite has been affected. I was able to stay on liquids right after my fill because my hunger was finally turned down to low. I know it might change, but I’ve lost 7 pounds since the fill on April 23. I had been stuck in neutral for six months, but now I can finally say that I’m out of bandsters’ hell.

LOL,

Lori :biggrin2:

OMG 10 cc in a 14 cc band and you're just getting restriction?? I have around 9 and most times I feel like I'm being strangled from the inside.

Debbie,

I guess that's why the docs preach that each person's experience will be different. I thought I would be restricted before 10ccs myself LOL!

Lori

Thanks Lori! I'm not yet at this point and have been wondering if it will ever happen! I'm glad to know it really does -so thanks for your post! Very encouraging.

Good for you!!! I get my 2nd fill tomorrow and really hope it gives me some restriction. Other than my scar I don't feel like anything was done!

Thanks!!!

I am so glad I found this thread. I thought it was only me. I have no restriction. I was banded March 3. I had my first fill yesterday, I don't feel like anything has changed. I feel like I have never even had the surgery!!!! It is so depressing but I feel better now knowing I am not alone and that it will improve with fills. The only thing is my Dr. said he will not do another fill until a month from now.... which I think is kinda ridiculous.

I also have a 14cc band. He has only put 4.5 CC in. I pray that the next fill will do it.

I have a 10cc band w/ 3cc in it. I'm just now going for my fourth fill in the morning. It's slow to find the right fit for me. I'll take it though. The band it like getting a shoe to fit. Everyone has a different fit!!!:thumbup:

I'm have 2.3cc in a 4cc band and have had my 3rd fill. I still dont think I feel much of a restriction. The weight loss has been slow. I thought I would have felt something by now. I do eat less and but I pretty much can eat anything with no problems. Anyone else having these issues? thanks!

I'm going in for my third fill in a week and a half. I thought I had restriction, so I put it off, but nope... must have been gas! :smile: lol. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one. I get frustrated as time goes on and the same few pounds go up and down.

I'm glad to hear other people have needed many fills before being restricted. I'm restricted at 5 cc's to the point where I can eat less and not be hungry for about 1-2 hours. But, I was hoping for enough restriction that I would have more help in being prevented from eating as much as I can. I am a food addict. I have no problem saying that. I have a very big problem with food and am thinking about following the Weight Watcher's program in conjunction with the band. I lost 30 pounds the first month of my band on 8/22/07. Since then I've only maintained. With my last fill in March, it was so tight I couldn't swallow my own spit. I don't know if this is normal. I think I should get another fill, but at $200 a pop, it's a painful concept monetarily. In addition, will I need to suffer not being able to swallow anything for a day again. It was rough and caused me to call out from work. I know I need added help from the band to get my weight loss started again. I was 280 at surgery and have been 250 for at least 7 months now. I would really love to lose another 90-100 pounds. At this point in time it almost seems impossible. Has anyone else experienced this? :confused2:

I have 8 cc in a 14 cc band. Some days I feel it and things get "hung up" but most times I can eat anything and everything. Have never had any difficulty getting Water down. Gulping even not problem. Told my Dr. that i can't wait to not be able to eat breads. He says I will get there, but not soon enough for me. Surgery was 9/25/07. Fills every 6 weeks since then. I'm pretty much at a stand still in the weight loss dept. getting frustrated. Exercising(water aerobics, weight lifting machines) more than ever. Weight yoyoing up 2 lbs. down 2 lbs. over and over again.

It sounds like there are many of us that don't have any restriction or not enough restriction.

I am really glad to hear others speaking about this. When I first came to this site.... it seemed like everyone was losing weight, had perfect restriction. I felt like a fool for getting the surgery. Now I am seeing that it is going to take time to reach this " :thumbup:SWEET SPOT".

I am scheduled for another fill in June.... I hope this one will do it!!!

GoodLuck to EVERYONE!!!!

Restriction??? What's that?? I was banded last July (in Mexico) and have had fills every four weeks since October. I'm up to 10cc in a large VG band (dr. said it is between 10-14cc) I had a fill this morning and think I may be there. Don't want to jinx it though. Sometimes it just takes a while. I have been losing between 7 and 10 lbs per month. (total 80)