Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can I have 1 meal of soup during Protein shakes Pre-Op?

Sorry the title is kind of confusing.

I finally got my surgery date, May 12th, Yay. My doctor wants me to start Protein Shakes Pre-Op diet tomorrow (May 1st). I was suppose to go on a luncheon with my co-workers on May 5th. I was wondering would it be okay for me just to eat tortilla Soup? Just the broth, no meat.

If not, I would still go and probably just have Iced-tea :unsure:

thank you~!

I would say yes... that is fine, but remember I am not your doc!

The pre op diet is there to reduce the size of your liver so that he can get in there and place the band.......... Don't fret... its not like you are planning to have a funnel cake!

Below is some info but it's up to you to decide.

chicken Tortilla Soup

1 Serving: Calories 190 (Calories from Fat 60); Total Fat 7g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 30mg; Sodium 710mg; Total Carbohydrate 16g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 3g); Protein 15g Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10%; Vitamin C 25%; Calcium 6%; Iron 8% Exchanges: 1 Starch; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Very Lean Meat; 1 Fat Carbohydrate Choices: 1

*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. MyPyramid Servings 1 tsp Fats & Oils, 1 oz-equivalents Grains, 1 oz-equivalents meat & Beans

-------------------

DVSwanson® Certified Organic chicken broth

Calories 228, Total Fat 3g, Saturated Fat 1g, Cholesterol 44mg, Sodium 799mg, Total Carbohydrate 30g, Dietary Fiber 1g, Protein 20g, Vitamin A 5%DV, Vitamin C 3%DV, Calcium 3%DV, Iron 11%DV

Thank you so much ladies~!!

It's true that it's just one tortilla Soup. But like lovekatz said... it's not worth screwing up the surgery.

If I can't even do a 2 weeks pre-ops, then how am I going to commit to this life-changing surgery...

I know that I'm "here" needing the surgery because I have made numerous excuses to eat. I guess I was just hoping that I would make one more excuse before I really have to give it up (for a while).

Just to avoid the temptations, I think I will tell my co-workers that I will not be able to make it to the luncheon. I think that's the best!

Really, Thank you so much, that was like a reality check for me!

*that's why I love my bandster family~!!!* :unsure:

Trust me, the worst part of this whole lap banding thing is the 2 week pre-op diet. I got through it, along with many other people. So it's not impossible. Heck, I even managed to lose 22 pounds on my pre-op diet!

It does get better, I promise!

Hi everyone,

I'm starting my 3rd day Diet... I already lost 5 lbs this week (3.5 lbs before the diet). I spoke to my nurse, she said that I can do broth, just no meat, no veggies. Jello is okay. But no pudding....

Thanks for all your comments/advice~!