Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How much fill do you have?

I went in for my fourth fill today, and am now 7.4cc in a 10cc band. The physician's assistant went on like this is a huge amount. My three month bandiversary is tomorrow, May 1. I've still been getting very hungry between lunch and dinner, and crave carbs after dinner, but I've been staying strong. If only my whole day could be like my mornings. It takes me about two hours to get down a glass of fat free milk and a Protein Bar, but then it's downhill from there all day long. Can anyone else tell me how much fill they have, and whether it's helped you hit that "sweet spot" yet?

Hi! I have my 3rd fill this afternoon at 4. I am currently at 6.6cc's. I am not sure how much of a fill i will get today but I am not at my sweet spot yet. I am still getting hungry between meals and try not to snack but when i do i try to go for a sugar free Jello or a sugar free popsicle.

i was banded 2/28...i've had 1 fill of 4 in a 14 band. i feel like i could eat and eat and eat all day long. i go for my 2nd fill next friday...hopefully it will feel like it's doing something. i've felt pressure and felt like i was going to die only once...i took a bit of a donut...and then i never took another one. i can eat bread though...so i'm not sure what happened there. anyway i'm hoping for some restriction and some satisfaction after only a little bit of food.< /p>

Wow. I was banded on 2/12/08 and had two fills at .5 cc each in the small band size, totalling 1 cc. I don't think I feel much restriction and can really eat a lot if I am not thinking about when I am full or not. Maybe my doc is shy on the fills. I was having some problems feeling a full sensation when exercising so they said they would fill slow, but sheesh.

I had my third fill last week. My first two he only put in 1cc, but last week he put in 3cc for a total of 5cc in a 14cc band. I definitely have restriction!! We'll see how long it lasts!

I have 3.2cc in a 14 cc APL band. I've only had one fill and hope to have another on 5/12.

I have had 2 fills. Banded 2/8/08 with a 12 AP band. First fill was 5.0 cc Mar 6 08 and on 17 Apr 08 had .6 cc added for a total of 5.6 cc and I am feeling the pressure big time! I can only eat half of what I used to eat for Breakfast and my lunch is a bit less but I make sure to eat all my Protein and if full quit then. Dinners are the hardest. I have to really chew my food up but I think I'm taking too big of a bite!:frown: I have come close to losing it 3 times in one week with this new little addition! :biggrin: But am slowly adjusting to a comfortable amount of food in the evenings. My second fill was at my request because I was cheating in the evenings after work every once in a while with a hand full of chips and of course I had to have the salsa to go with them! :biggrin2: No snacking problems now and hopefully won't in the future! :thumbup:

I was banded on 2/14 and just had my second fill. I am at 4.75 in my 10cc band. So far, I have great restriction from this last fill.

I was banded on 2/21 and I just had my 3rd fill which gives me a total of 5ccs in a 10cc band. I definitely can tell a difference this time!:smile:

I have 2cc's in my band. I am scheduled for a second fill on May 15 but I have real reservations about getting more. I have to be very careful what I eat and eat very slowly or it will come back up. I guess that is what restriction feels like.

It sure is true that everyone is different.

I have 7 ccs in my 10 cc band. I have had only two fills. I didn't think my doc was going to be that aggressive, but I haven't regretted the amounts so far. I've got good restriction and can only eat a small portion of food before getting full. chicken is much harder to get down now, even dark meat, slow cooked in the Crock-Pot.

I'm happy with where I am now. I've lost about a pound a day since my fill 7 days ago. It helped me break a three week plateau, so yay for that! I wanted to feel sorry for myself that my taco salad was going to waste after 5 bites, but I told dh, I signed up for this. I went under the knife for this. This is what I want to have happen. Part of this adjustment is not ending up eating what I have dished up for myself, and trying not to feel unfulfilled because I didn't get to eat whatever it was on my plate.

I have had two fills and have 2.5cc in a VG 10cc band. My meals are holding well. I am a bit tight first thing in the morning so I just have a Protein Shake. I believe breakfast is the first step to getting that metabolism burning for the day. I enjoy a few small Snacks throughout the day and can eat most solids well as long as I am chewing my food good and eating tiny bites and taking my time.

I am losing steady at about 3.5 pounds per week. I have lost about 35 pounds since surgery on 2-11-08. I do my strength training exercises as well as my cardio and fat burning. I am very comfortable right now with my fills and my surgeon and I agreed to leave well enough alone for at least a few months now, unless it starts to get too bad with hunger or otherwise.

I feel great!

I got my third fill on 4/29 and I finally feel some great restriction, knock on wood. I never know how long it will last for. I have 6.6cc in a 10cc band. I didn't think my doc would be as aggressive as he was, but he insisted I get a fill every 3-4 weeks.

The first fill they gave me 2cc.. great restriction, but it only lasted one week. Then the last two were 1cc each. The second one didn't do anything for me and finally after this last one I feel something.

I actually had a sliming incident this morning. It was weird. I normally eat a can of tuna for breakfast, but when I ate two bites this morning, forgetting I had that restriction I took too big of a bite and then I got that stuck feeling, and then the watered mouth.. and then I felt like I was gonna vommit, but didn't. I made sure not to drink as I hear that makes it worse and then it passed.

Before I never really had to chew chew chew and take small bites, but now I do. SO, it's cool to see the band finally working for me. I took my dinner super slow.. chew, chew, chewed and just ate maybe a cup or less. I still feel full.

I hope this lasts for 4 more weeks as thats how long I have to wait since one of the folks from the fill center quit so all the appnts are backed up 5 weeks! :party:

Well, I have more of a fill than I thought. Guess I should write this stuff down.

After my third fill (as of today) I am at 4.5cc in a 10cc band. I am anxious to see if I feel any restriction becuase my restriction feeling was mild at 4cc.

:tongue2:

In discussing my second fill with my surgeon, I found out I had more than I had thought. He hadn't mentioned that I had 2ccs in from surgery. So it went up much quicker than I had anticipated. I have no complaints, though. So far, so good.