Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi there, my name is Alan and I live in Edinburgh, Scotland.

I was banded on the 19th November 2007 at 1.45pm - I remember looking at the clock just before the Anaesthetist put me to sleep. I am doing very well and have lots of support from people around me. I had absolutely no pain whatsoever and I was back at work within 3 weeks of the op.

I'd be happy to answer any questions about banding and support anyone thinking of having it done.

I look forward to hearing from you fellow bandees and bandees' to be!

Alan:thumbup:

Hi Alan!

I read that you live in Edinbugh! I visited your fair city about 25 years ago! I still remember it like it was yesterday! I was a teenager at the time, and just loved your city! How is everything going for you? I was banded almost 2 years ago. Losing has been very slow for me. we can't seem to get the restriction that is needed. Anyway, hope all is well in Scotland.

Dear All,

Good to hear from you all.

I'll try and cover all the questions.

It was a beutiful day in Edinburgh today until around 7pm when the heavens opened and we had a massive hail shower...not so good!

Everything is going well, I seem to have hit a plateau at the moment and weight loss is slow.

I had my band fitted at an NHS (National Health Service) Hospital in Edinburgh, My Surgeon was an Australian, Bruce Tulloh, who I have to say has been excellent with me and has always answered my emails within 12 hours. At my heaviest I was 30 stones - 420lbs. I'm now down to 23 stones - 322lbs. I feel much fitter and just better all round. The fills are no problem at all, it's great to go back and hear the staff's reaction to seeing me again, but a smaller size!!

One thing I do need to do is get into a better routine in going to the gym/swimming. Life is very good compared to how I felt about myself only a few months ago.

I have been in our local paper and have been asked to do a radio interview on BBC Scotland who want to know the impact of the operation on my life - I'll let you all know how it goes!

Anyway, all the very best to you all, stick at it, you know it's worth it.

Alan

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches