Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pre-op Diet???

thin dolphin, good for you for having such strong will power!!! I'm freaking out about the liquid diet!!! Mine sounds similar to yours, sugar free everything, popsicles, Jello, fudgesicles, Protein Shakes, and broth is about all I can have (I can have like a teaspoon of cottage cheese... but I hate that stuff anyways...) Haha oh mylanta...!

First, Allison I am LAUGHING over your Meatwad avatar...I LOVE IT!

As for the liquid diet...UGH!!! I've beenliving off of the Protein shakes and cottage cheese. I keep telling myself "I WILL get used to sf Jello, I WILL get used to sf Jello..." It's not working so far, but hopefully by the time the 14th rolls around I'll be able to handle it.

My girlfriend gave me a tip about the broth that's actually pretty good. She said to put a little steak seasoning in it and try it that way. YUMMMMY!!! Too bad my steak seasoning doesn't dissolve in it too well or I'd use it after the surgery too. (I may run and grab a SMALL thing of Lowry's to try...)

Today is day 6 of 14 days of preop liquid diet. I am not a happy camper! Days 1-3 were not bad. Days 4-6 are a diffferent story. I thought it would be the other way around! I am very hungry and it's getting worse. The Optifast ain't cutting it! Cheating is NOT an option.

What's going to happen after surgery when there is even LESS to have than now? I have to be on liquids for a month after surgery.

Bandster hell for sure.

Tell me it is worth it.

AHHH thanks!!!!! I love meatwad he's adorable, especially in the episode where he goes on that diet hahaha, so glad someone on here knows who he is lol!!!!

Are you ONLY drinking the shakes? If so I would add in some broth or the sf Jello or BOTH. Also, Water, Water, WATER!!! I either drink broth or water when I'm getting hungry. It's not 100% fool proof on making me feel any better, but it helps a LOT. I'm also being assured by my buddy that did this a year ago that once the band is in there, you just really don't get hungry. SHE BETTER BE TELLING THE TRUTH! lol.

Allison- That was a HILLARIOUS episode. Meatwad is cute, but shake is SOOOOO my personality that it scares the bajeezers out of me. lol. (And imagine shake being responsible for raising a CHILD! My poor, poor little son. ROFLMAO)

Hahaha I would have to agree with you, shake is much more me too... Hahaha remember the episode where shakes "son" came to visit? Meatwad named him Ezekial and then Shake tried to drown him in Carl's pool because he couldn't afford to take care of him.. hahahhaha ATHF is my favorite show ever.

Mine too!!! I just discovered it a couple years ago. I never watched it before because I assumed it was like Captain Planet from the title. HA HA HA!!! WRONG!!! AHTF and Brak got me through my pregnancy. OK, Adult Swim period did.

Well i find Mrs. Dash is awesome...NO SALT..

I'm the type of person that when I have chicken noodle Soup, will eat the soup and then dump the remaining broth down the sink. I'm eating some right now and I'm trying to get used to the idea of eating, well drinking the broth, in a few weeks this will be the only "real" food I get!!!

I am on 4 of 8 in liquids only and am learning alot! I have been to 2 restaurants with friends and family this weekend. I learned I can ACTUALLY sit and watch people eat and just enjoy the company without eating! It wasn't so bad. I think this is preparing me for my new life!! Good luck to all and think NEW changes!

WOW you guys are all doing great! Tomorrow is the big day for you! I am scheduled for the 15th. 2pm. They do not have me on a pre-op diet but I want to do it anyway. I have actually put on 7 lbs in the past 3 months anticipating this! Tomorrow is Protein Shakes and SF Jello. Pre-op education class on the 12th. so excited to get on with my life - thinner! gotta get myself a ticker! hang in there everyone!

Oregonrose I have my pre-op meeting with the surgeon on the 12th too, but its not a class or anything, just one on one, I think the only time you are involved with other people is at the initial seminar, which I went to in like, September, and then the monthly support groups, which I have yet to attend. Good luck with the pre-op diet! You're brave, if I didn't have to do it, I probably wouldn't, or at least wouldn't for longer than a day or 2! Kudos!!!!

I am on day one of the pre op liquid diet....I can have 4 low carb slimfasts a day and all the broth, sf Jello, sf popsicles I want. It hasn't been too bad so far, but I bet I'll change that vote in a day or 2...My poor hubby doesn't know what to do,,,he feels awful getting to eat when I can't. I think today, my head misses the food more than my stomach...make any sense???

10 days til my surgery...I can do this!!!:blush:

You must be on the 14th too huh? YAY!!! My hubby feels like a pig too. lol. I keep telling him he's more than welcome to start watching what he's eating too. (He needs to lose about 45lbs himself.) I will give him this- he's doing really well at not eating a ton of garbage anymore. He went grocery shopping and didn't buy his usual Little Debbies to put into his lunches. YAY TROY!

The only time this liquid diet phase has been hard was yesterday when it was in the mid-90's and Troy was drinking strawberry margaritas. OUCH!!! I could have slapped him for that one.