Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

High altitude.Does it effect band?

:confused2:Hello could anyone please tell me if they've expierenced anything similar to this: I've had 2 fills since my surgery 3months ago and wasn't feeling much restriction , then 1 -1/2 weeks ago I went away for the weekened to the moutains (I live in CA by the beach and I went to Big Bear for the weekened I think elavation is like 3,000 or something like that) and I didn't feel a difference there, but I felt tighter and more restricted now that I 've been home like 7 days since the trip I 've even thrown up twice ???????????? WEIRD Is this normal ???? Could this be do to altitude ???

My doc said it does....after disclosing that I have used the barf bag a time or two flying or driving thru Utah to Vegas and back....

I think it definitely does. Every time I fly, I have to go on liquids for a couple of days. The last time, I was up all night with problems I normally don't have. I have heard from other people they have problems every time they fly.

Wow, thats scary. I am scheduled to get my band on May 9th and have to fly to Arizona on June 5th for a wedding. Now I am scared to death to fly. I don't want to be sick the whole time I am there.

Don't be scared, kelly. Just eat before flight.

The few hours it takes to get from LAX to BWI....anyone can go without food that long...no biggie.

Your flight to Arizona would be shorter.

I flew from Vancouver, BC to Maui, HI (5 hour flight) about 3 months after my surgery and had no issues at all....neither in the air or while on holidays. Since then I have made 2 other flights, to Edmonton (1.5 hours) and to Las Vegas (3 hours) and never had any issues with either of those trips either. And yes, I have good restriction....3.35 in a 4cc band..... I think that this, like so many other band factors, are very individual.

Patricia

11/16/06

306/202/175ish

I didn't feel sick or tighter right away it took aboutt a week for me to fill the difference and I never got sick until I came home from a 2 day stay., but that was just my personal expierence

Wow, thats scary. I am scheduled to get my band on May 9th and have to fly to Arizona on June 5th for a wedding. Now I am scared to death to fly. I don't want to be sick the whole time I am there.

You shouldn't have any problems if you don't have any fill. Just follow your post op diet and you should be just fine.