Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Stress & PB'ing

Hi All,

I wonder how you ladies get through stress with the band? I had a horrible week last week.

Boss went to Vegas and I was in charge. I work from home, when the stress got bad, I ate! I don't know what to do about this. It's so easy to just run to the kitchen and grab bad stuff! Not even bad stuff. Actually, I had stressed my band so bad I was getting sick even on my shakes.

I am feeling better today, but the constant over-eating and the PB'ing (being home makes is easy for me to just run to the sink and PB) has to stop.

I lost 5 lbs. last week, but that is no way to do it and I know that.

I am seeing the Doc Friday for my one year check-up. I am going to ask for a counselling session because I feel out of control in those situations.

I'm afraid he's going to have me unfilled.

Any advise?

PS: I am down 70 lbs for my one year anniversary.

If you don't get this under control, you will not succeed. The psych doc may be able to help.

I'm new around here, could you tell me what PB'ing means?

Hi, I just learned from the doctor that my excessive sliming was stress related. So not only is the band a good indicator of being full...but can tell you when your stress level is going up.

I had an unfill but over the past few days I'm sliming alot....again. But instead of running for an unfill, I'll work thru the stress. Meditation is great.

Dananah, PB is productive burp. I don't do this but many on here burp frequently.

Sliming is what I do. The esophogas produces slime to help with digestion, banded or not. When you have restriction, the mucus can linger in the esophogas longer than normal. It's purpose is to carry the food down or bring it back up. Want to make it clear that this is not vomiting. The stomach is not involved with sliming, but someone can vomit and slime at the same time.

Thanks Grace.

Yes, my over-working and stress has been an issue with my initial psych. eval. My daughter is getting married in Oct., so I really need to figure out how I am going to handle this.

I made the decision today that something has to change in my stressfuul life for the sake of myself and my band.

Band & STRESS does not mix!

I am definitely going to schedule a psych. appointment. I know I don't take good care of myself and that is something I have to learn to work on.

I know I am definitely going to need an unfill when it comes time for my daughters wedding and also any stressful situations that come up.

Thanks for the info. I sometimes have trouble swallowing and feel "choked up" when having anxiety. Not too often. But when I do my whole GI system is messed up. I don't have the band, still researching.

Thanks for the info. I sometimes have trouble swallowing and feel "choked up" when having anxiety. Not too often. But when I do my whole GI system is messed up. I don't have the band, still researching.

Dananah,

I think we all get that way. Don't like this discourage you. I feel a lot better this week.

I just push myself too hard. I have issues with taking care of myself.

I noticed when i am stressed i pb, don't know if when i am stressed maybe unconsiously eat faster, or maybe my band gets tighter.