Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I was suppose to attend the seminar last night and we had a family issue come up that kept us out of town longer than we expected and we missed it. I called to reschedule and the next date I can get in is May 13th. :confused2: Seems like FOREVER to me....

I tried to go ahead and make an appt. with the surgery doctor and they said I needed to go to the seminar first. I was hoping for something to progress quicker.....:wink2:

It will be here before you know it. Do you have to attend that one, or is there another one in the area by a different group that you could go to quicker? Hang in there. My husband gets banded on Thursday and looking back it hasnt taken that long to get to this point. Keep your eye on the end result and good luck.

Thanks so much for the peptalk. I needed that. I did call back and ask about any cancellations on the 6th. They told me to keep calling back everyday b/c more than likely someone will cancel...I thought that was nice of her, so that's my challenge for the next week. :wink2:

Good luck to your hubby. Keep us informed...:tt2:

Yeah, the "must attend seminar" thing irritated me too -- I went to one a couple hours away just so I could not have to wait an additional 2 weeks. :wink2:

I also got the paperwork in advance and started filling it out so I could turn it in immediately.

I was glad I went to the seminar though -- it was good to hear the presentation & the questions people asked, as well as talk to some bandsters about their journey.

So, how do you find another one close by/or not so close by. : ) I just assumed you had to go to the one your surgical doctor did. :confused2:

Molly, can you help me? I know this sounds silly but I found the weight tracker site and made myself a ticker but now I don't know how to move it to this site. It says to cut and paste but I am not able to do that. HELP! Becky

I did a search on the internet and kept looking in the towns that we would be willing to drive to. For us it was a matter of driving anyway, so I checked Des Moines, Columbia, and St Loius. Check with your surgeons office to make sure this will work though. I'm sure you would have to have something signed to prove you went.

Here's the Ticker Tutorial With Pictures someone was kind enough to post:

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f5/ticker-tutorial-pictures-41782/

My surgery center requires you to attend one of their seminars. They just happen to have them in more than one city around the area, so sometimes you can get in sooner if you are willing to drive a couple hours to one happening out of town that has space.