Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Soooooper Tiiiiiight

Well the title said it all!

I had a fill tuesday. The day before I drove the family across the South to a new state. I was having trouble on the road with getting the food to go down. I thought it was just some swelling.

Well, here it is, Sunday night and I am still having a rough time. I was eating a Burger King grilled chicken salad this afternoon. YUM!!! I was having a hard time with the chicken until I remembered what my doc said. "take PEA size bites of meat and chew the heck out of them" I started doing that an the chicken started going down fairly well.

I am still EXTREMELY TIGHT. Water gives me the slimes if I go too fast with it~~~~~~~ :lol:

Oh well... I just needed to get that off my chest.

TX, I can't eat solids at all the first week after a fill even if the fill is only .5cc. Ist day is Clear Liquids, then 2 days of shakes or Soup, then 4 days of mushies. If I tried to get down solids as quick as you did, I would get stuck everytime. Keep taking tiny bites. Good luck on your move!

Woooowwwww. LOL Wishing I could get some of that kind of restriction, but it'll have to wait for me for now because I can't get back to the fill doc. :coolgleamA:

I'll bet you go even speedier now with the weight loss. Holy moly.

Ah! What I would give to have your restriction. Here's hoping 5/14 will be the sweet spot.

Seriously, be very careful...you don't want to remain super tight. Hopefully, it will ease on you a bit.

Have you settled in South Carolina yet? Hope all is going well.

Cindy

Ah! What I would give to have your restriction. Here's hoping 5/14 will be the sweet spot.

Seriously, be very careful...you don't want to remain super tight. Hopefully, it will ease on you a bit.

Have you settled in South Carolina yet? Hope all is going well.

Cindy

The restriction has let up a little bit. I have this awkward thing happening. The first 3-4 bites of a meal are EXCRUCIATING I can sip some Water to help things out and then after the pain wains, I can eat to full. I still have to be careful and chew and go SLOW...

SC is SO BEAUTIFULL!!!! We still have boxes all over the apt. but oh well... we have not even been here a week and my wife has a 3yr old "spider man" and a 4 month old at home! She is doing great, given her situation.

The restriction has let up a little bit. I have this awkward thing happening. The first 3-4 bites of a meal are EXCRUCIATING I can sip some Water to help things out and then after the pain wains, I can eat to full. I still have to be careful and chew and go SLOW...

SC is SO BEAUTIFULL!!!! We still have boxes all over the apt. but oh well... we have not even been here a week and my wife has a 3yr old "spider man" and a 4 month old at home! She is doing great, given her situation.

A couple of things that may help with the tightness at first are:

1. Drink something warm to open the band a bit.

2. My least favorite when hungry is to talk tiny bites and chew the heck out of it.

I think the hardest part with this band is remembering the simple rules we have been told especially when we are hungry and want to eat a cow. I do like the fact that the band won't let you do that even if you wanted to.

I like that you aren't worried about things with the apt. right now because it is tough with the little ones. Just tell her to take it one day at a time and it will get done eventually. I remember those days. I had my first two boys 10 1/2 months apart. It was like having twins. I then had my last boy Brandon exactly 3 years later. What was I thinking? I wouldn't trade it for the world because now they are 14, 13 & 10 and so self sufficient.

What kind of hunting do you plan to do in SC? If you are ever in Mass. come my way because I border a state forest and they stock the forest with fowl and turkey's.

Take Care-

Cindy