Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bandsters going to Bali JUNE

curious about bandsters being reticent to visit Places such as Bali due to Bali belly. We have booked 16 nights in Bali x Perth.:lol:

Not sure if it was you who asked a similar question a little while ago so I will reply again. I spent a week in Thailand in April and had no problems with the food. had been banded for 6 months at the time. I ate from some of the stalls and smaller food places. I always drank bottled Water though. Have a great holiday.

A dose of bali belly will give you diarrhoea, not vomiting. Unpleasant but easily manageable with some Immodeum, and not dangerous to the band. Dont even clean your teeth with tap Water though! And steer clear of any suspect foods like lettuce etc that will have been washed in the Water.< /p>

I managed two weeks in Bali many years ago with no bali belly till the last day and let me tell you, staying in the toilet on a Garuda flight is WAY more comfortable than an economy seat!

You are obviously on line now. Yeah we have been before a lot i even spent money on these pre eating tabs and then i realized you idiot its diarrhea LOL.

I have just got a second band after a bad incident so was a little nervous and not thinking straight and guess what have met another WA person banded and going on same flight small world eh

When I went to Bali preband (twice) I was on BALI travel FORUM -- Bali, Indonesia a lot. Perhaps you could join that forum and ask if anyone going in June has a lap band, you might have more luck that way (its mostly Aussie and New Zealanders on there). There aren't too many Aussies on this forum, I think the chances of one of us also going to Bali at the same time next month as you are slim. Although I wish I were going!!!

I spend more than a month on Bali Travel forum before i go every time its a mine of info. Have not been since 25th anniversary so its been a while I also have never had the bug but as wife is an RN our first aid kit carries a few out of the norm drugs and equipment . I am fine going this is my second band in 1 year and it will be wide open when i go.( mmm Black rice pudding Nasi goreing Be Bek batutu).I posted on here because it is not just us Aussies who go to Bali although it just about still is I hear

I haven't logged on here in absolute ages, and this is the first post I came across. Funnily enough, I'm headed off to Bali tomorrow morning for 4 or 5 days. I've been several times since I was banded, and I've pretty much gotten Bali belly every time. As you say, a little Immodium usually does the trick, no further complications. Where in Bali are you staying? We always stay in Sanur.

Come on people still no one going to Bali Have a bandster from my own state going on same flight in June how weird eh

Come on people still no one going to Bali Have a bandster from my own state going on same flight in June how weird eh

I think the chances of finding a Perth person on a world wide forum going to Bali on the same date and flight as you wouldn't be that common. You would probably have more luck as someone said on one of the travel forums.

enjoy your holiday.

Ha shows how wrong you can be I have been contacted by someone who believe it or not is going to Bali on the same flight incredible . As iI have learnt through the ages "if you never ask you never get"