Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Coming up on 1 year

I'm nearing my 1 year bandaversary and was wondering how long some of you have been banded, and how the long term has been -

sound off!

Edited by T-Bird78
wanted to do a poll

Hey T-Bird happy almost bandaversary! I've been banded a little over years now and long term I'm still loving it. I went through a rough time with some reflux issues but, things seem to have settled down with that and I was able to get a fill again FINALLY. I'm hoping this helps to kickstart my weightloss once again. YOu've done fantastic - Keep up the great work!

I am just over 6 months - I have lost approximately 50% of my target weightloss, so I feel great. Down 36 pounds...Woo Hoo

Edited by new_me_2008
error

TBird..... share with us some of your trials and tribulations over the past year. What surprised you? What disappointed you? How has it changed your life so far? What would you do differently? Who or what was your inspiration to stick to it? etc., etc., etc.

You're halfway there!!! Wow. I'm really proud of you. Kudos to you and your efforts!

where to start - well about 70 pounds down I had to have my gallbladder out - guess thats a trial - 4 month plateau has been "fun" NOT - the food battle continues - 1 thing I've noticed is I'm a stress eater, so I'm trying to find other ways to deal without eating - not having soda for a year not as hard as I thought ( I totally don't miss it at all ) caffiene is another matter - went about 6 months and then . . . I discovered green tea lattes at starbucks - not as much caffiene as coffee - but then I started back on that too - a year in - starting to realize what an emotional attatchment I have to food and how much being the "big guy" is part of me and my personality and coping with that - still wouldn't change any of it, I'm definately so much healthier now, so much more energy - a new lease on life if you will - I can swim farther, bike farther, with less effort than ever before - it is a change in lifestyle, a lifelong journey with weight loss - I equate it to being an alcoholic - addictive personality - at least for me - food will be the thing I have to be ever aware of and vigilant about because it's too easy to slip back to where I was - the band is only a tool, I still have to make the right food choices and follow the rules or it won't work. Kudos to all who have started this journey, it's not an easy decision, and it's not a "quick-fix" as some would think - it's hard work and determination but very worth it.

hi everyone, I am near my band anniversary, too. I am glad to have lost the weight and would do it all over again. It will be one year on May 31st. I go to the dr tomorrow for a checkup and I am having issues with reflux. yuck. He gave me Prevacid but still having issues, maybe too tight? I dunno. any ideas?

t-bird, that's great, you are doing really good! I will get this checked out, possibly an x-ray under fluro. the dr usually does this at one year to check on the band. hope there's no complications. I still need my band. I have dreams of eating my Polish food or any foods. sometimes I get depressed about this then I look in the mirror!