Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Had my Lap Band on 12 Mar, just had my first fill on 22 Apr...just not noticing much of a difference, is this normal? Not as hungry, but having no issues of not being able to eat things as I have heard, have had no food problems...stop myself at the 4 ounces, but could eat more...lost 14 lbs the first 2 wks and 2 more prior to my fill...I know I'm suppose to stay away from sodas, but I do drink one once in awhile and have no problem with them yet, is that something that will come later??

My fills usually take 4 to 7 days to " kick " in , Some people it takes more than one fill for them to feel restriction .

So its "Normal" i guess is what your asking .

Some people even WITH restrictin can still eat just about anything. My friend who has been banded for 2 yrs can eat anything, breads , Pasta ect.

She's never been stuck or PBed either.

My doc recommends that i stop BEFORE Im full that i stop when im satisfied.

Also the Sodas are not about having a "Problem" as much when you drink them immediately , the issue with Sodas ( according to my doc ) is that the carbonation in the sodas can eventually stretch out your pouch.

Sodas are a HUGE no no for me personally its something that has NOT touched my lips since surgery nor will it ever again that I can assure you !

Some things you dont need or have to have "Issues" with to not eat.

Soda's are one of them for me that i wont touch .

HTH

Mindy

Dont be discouraged. I had my first fill at the end of February. However, I didn't feel any difference until the end of April. No idea why but after a month I certainly felt different.:huh2:

i had first fill april22, and i feel like i can eat all now than before the fill...i feel like band disappeared..

i had first fill april22, and i feel like i can eat all now than before the fill...i feel like band disappeared..

Fills take time to kick in , sometimes it takes more than one fill to get restriction , The band is not a magic band , it takes going to take some patients and will power on your part until the restriction kicks in .

This is what they call Bandster Hell .

You probably can not eat as much as you actually can , But it feels that way because of the amount that you know your suppose to eat once you have restriciton . Post op i could eat about 1/2 of what i could before surgery after restriction i could eat about half of that amount .

So try to be patient. It will come , then let the band work .

Mindy

Soda is bad because it can stretch your pouch and it could cause errosion which will lead to you losing your band...

Thanks everyone, i was never explained why the no soda exept for gas issues, good to know...I will be patient and keep doing what I can, I've lost 16, so that is a good start for me...