Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

BCBS AL is killing me

Hi All,

My name is Rose and I live in NC.. I had a bad week and need to vent...

I have been doing this journey for over a year and a half now and got everything done and my file summited to the insurance Medical review board on March 20th.. They are still working on it and the time is killing me. They wanted a paper from my Dr stating I quit smoking , that took my Doctors office 3 weeks to write and fax... Geez... Now the insurance company says I did not complete my 6 month diet.. I DID.. They want another month so thank God we are not out of April yet.. They will get their paper Tuesday and then I hope I will be done and approved.. It's been over 30 days...

Then last Tuesday the insurance company said to be : Oh you know your hubby works at Lowe's and Lowe's is dropping coverage of the lapband as of May 1st?.. I thought I would die.. I said your giving me 8 days to get approved and get the surgery??? She said yes

Well I hung up with her cried my eyes out. Composed myself and got back on the phone.. Called Lowe's corporate office and spoke to the main woman in the HR dept. She said she knew nothing about this and would look into it..

Well at 6pm that night she called and said she was sorry it was all a Big Mistake.... OMG.. Can you believe what I went through??? What a mental game they are playing with me... I think I had a breakdown...

So far BCBS AL has not recieved the updated paper work telling them it was all a mistake It is phone call after phone call all day every day for me.. I am mentally tired. But I wont give up.....

So bottom line. If you run into a brick wall , don't give up.. FIGHT< FIGHT < FIGHT them. They want us to quit. But don't give them the satifaction...

I will keep you all informed on what is happening this coming week... Pray for me and my quick APPROVAL .. Thanks Ladies...Its good to have support here and friends.. God Bless you alll.. I am in NC my name is Rose...:smile2:

Hi...

I went to my first seminar a couple of weeks ago. I called BCBS to see what the qualifications are for the procedure. The woman said my plan didn't cover lap band. I knew that it was. She put me on hold then was rude to me and said "I misread, the procedure is covered by your plan."

I couldn't believe that this woman's mistake could have changed my life.

I am just starting out on this journey, but I appreciate the encouragement when you hit a brick wall.

Good luck to you, I'll say a prayer for a speedy approval!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
    • Doctor-Links

hgh kaufen  in unserer Online-Apotheke  
      Menschliches Wachstumshormon (HGH) ist ein kleines Protein, das in einem Teil des Gehirns, der Hypophyse, produziert wird. Es wandert in Ihrem Blutkreislauf durch Ihren ganzen Körper, um Ihren Körper wachsen zu lassen.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches