Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sharp pain on right side after I eat

I'm 3 weeks post-op AND DOWN 15 POUNDS!!! After I eat or drink I get a sharp pain in my right side about waist level. My 11 oz Protein Drink (SO GOOD!!!!!!!) I drink on the way to work (15 minutes) and I have that sharpness. Today I drank it over the course of 1/2 hour. Then 1/2 hour later had 5 bites of pudding and have had the pain for 30 minutes now. Not "painful" or unbearable but it's definately noticeable. Anyone else have that?:smile2:

Hi, I was banded on April 1 so we are close in that respect. I've lost 16 lbs. Did you expect to loose more? I kinda thought I would. Of course if I can get to a 20 lbs loss the first month, that really would'nt be bad at all. No, I have not experienced the pain you are talking about. I'd give your doc a call just to be safe. Twice since my surgery I tried to swallow something and it seems to be stuck on the way down to the tum. The pain was actually in the middle of my boobs. Strange. I will ask about it when I go in for my first fill on May 1. When will your first one be? I get pretty hungry and I am eating more than one half cup of food per meal. From what I hear on this board, that's pretty normal.

Good luck and keep in touch,

Abby

I am totally happy with losing 15 pounds. It's more than I lost before the band! If I could have lost it on my own I wouldn't have got the band. I did email my Doc, Im just waiting for a response. This forum thing is confusing for me. Email me at tamryno@msn.com so we can keep in touch since we were banded so close together. It's fun to follow the success (and frustration) of the girls who were banded the same day I was in the same hospital and 2 others the next day which is when my husbands was. Hope to talk to you soon!

I was banded on 4/2. I am down 15lbs and very happy and amazed on how I feel! I feel great! I had that same pain and my nut said it was from drinking or eating too fast. Slowly sip and eat. It takes some getting used to. Ever since that has only happened to me a couple of times. I also space the time that I drink something. I am lierally drinking all day. That takes some getting used to also. This is a whole new life for me! zthe 38 lbs lost from pre and post surgery is sooo worth it. Besides I look good too!!!!!!!!!

Yes, we can keep in touch. Just wondering, my doc has me pretty much eating low carb, high Protein. That's really hard for me. I tried that diet many times and failed before I got my band. You can loose weight doing that but I can never stick with it more than a few weeks. Then, when I would start eating carbs again, the weight would come right back. Are they pushing low carb for you at this point?? My email address is abbyduvic@yahoo.com I get confused with this board as well. I've never done too much of this so it doesn't take much to confused me. Do email anytime.

Yes, I am high Protein (60-70g/day) and low carb. I love "Slim Fast Low Carb Diet" drink. It has 20g protein and only 4g carbs. Don't confuse it with "Slim Fast High Protein" drink which has less protein and more carbs (weird!) I also use "Unjury" Protein Powder. 1 scoop of chocolate is 20g protein and works well in pudding. I don't even notice it! I am soooo burned out on the chicken broth but is is actually pretty good. I think I found it at Unjury.com. I'm doing ok with it all. I'll email you in the next few days. Take care

wow, that 's a great weight loss. Amost 40 lbs. Here I am at only 16.

I didn't loose too much pre surgery cause I only did liquids for 2 days and Clear Liquids for 2 days. They said I didn't have to have a longer pre surgery diet cause I have under 100 lbs to loose. Keep on doing what you're doing, it's working. I feel wonderful as well; this surgery has been a breeze so far. I plan to continue doing everything to the letter. This was a big investment for me. Cigna denied me twice after 6 months of doing all that they said I had to do to quilify. It was a hard 6 months and very disappointing at the end. Once I decided to pay for it myself, I was thrilled. Looking forward to my first fill on May 1. Keep in touch.

Abby