Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help please!

It has been 6 months since my surgery and I have only lost around 15 pounds. I do not know why I am not losing weight. I had a leak a couple months ago but that was fixed and now I have 7 ccs. I am exercising but I am still hungry. Please help because I am feeling upset and discouraged. I though I would have lost a lot more by now!

What are you eating? You need to track your calories, fat, Fiber and Protein and see where you are. You also need to follow the band rules. Protein first, veggies and then carbs if you have room. Do not drink while eating or for at least 30 minutes after you eat. The band is a tool and if we don't follow the rules and eat healthier we won't lose weight.

If you are doing all of these things and are still hungry and not losing then you probably need a fill. It is also possible that you aren't eating enough.

I had to evaluate what I was doing and when I was honest with myself I know I wasn't using the band the way it was intended. After I adjusted my eating and added exercise the weight started coming off again.

Remember just having the band won't make you lose weight.

Come here everyday. The stories are inspirational and really help me.

You can do it!

Good luck!

To answer your questions...

I do exercise around 4 times a week and I always follow the no drinking while eating rules.

I keep track of my eating habits, I usually skip Breakfast (not hungry) and have a slimfast drink for lunch. I am a vegeterian so I usually eat some kind of vegetables, Pasta, or other non-meat, non-bread foods.

I really want to lose weight and I try to stay away from the bad foods and eat the good ones... my concern is how much I'm eating. I am always very hungry by dinner time.

Any suggestions how to keep losing weight? Thanks for all your help!

You really should eat Breakfast. Eating increases your metabolism so the sooner you eat the faster it will kick in. If you are tight in the mornings then drink a Protein shake. I usually eat one ounce of cheese and 5 crackers in the morning.

Be sure to get in all your Protein. That is probably harder being a vegetarian but you can eat Beans and there are other good sources of protein that aren't meat. If you don't eat enough protein your body will burn muscle.

One more thing. I think the reason you are so hungry at night is that you aren't eating enough during the day. You need to eat solid food for the band to work. Try eating at lunch instead of the SlimFast. The band is designed to work with solid food. liquids go through the band and won't keep you satisified.

I can't imagine that you are eating very many calories on your current diet. You may need to eat more to lose. If I eat less than 1200 dal per day my loss slows down.

Good luck!