Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How many calories do you eat in a day Victorious Valentines?

Today is my two month bandiversary. I have still not lost the 5lbs I gained after that TOM and switching from 500-700 calories a day to 1000. I've been really depressed about this and I really need to get back on track. I have my next fill on the 1st. Lets hope that helps.

I'm just wondering how many calories all of you eat a day! Thank you for all of your help!

I dont really watch them I just concentrate on eating good stuff that will give my body what it needs but not what it doesn't. My Dr. actually told me not to diet.

I seem to run in the 700-1000 range, mostly around 800-900. I track on Daily Plate and try to keep it below 1000. Right now I'm really trying to keep my carbs low but having a bit of trouble attaining that goal. The only reason I'm even concerned about it is that I'd love the weight loss burst I get from ketosis.

I am with Tara on this!! I just try to eat smaller portions. About a month ago I was keeping track, and I found that I was obsessing about it. And when I was tracking it, I found that the times that I got more calories in, that is when I lost the weight. My body went into that starvation mode where it was hording every single calorie it could.

I don't know what that means the burst from ketosis. Can you explain?

I was having some problems losing weight for a while too. :frown3: I put in a call to my dietitian, and we discussed several different options, one of them was maybe bumping up my calorie intake a bit. I did that, I was eating about 700-900/day, now I'm keeping it at about 1000 - 1100. I also discussed the low carb thing with her, and told her I was getting about 30-40 gms per day. She told me that was NOT enough - that you need carbs for brain function (I know I need all the help I can get! :grouphug:), and that I should be doing more like 100 gms of carbs a day. Now, she's not talking sugars and white processed breads, pastas and such . . . we discussed good carbs, like those you get from fruits, vegetables, beans/legumes and whole wheat products. I still focus my intake mostly on Protein, but I did bump up my carbs a bit - and it seemed to work, I've lost two pounds! :( I believe in keeping things balanced, it seems to be working.

I do keep track of my daily intake on the Fitday program, if I didn't, I know I'd overeat. Especially right now, as I have no restriction! I have a fill coming up on Monday the 28th, and boy, do I NEED it! :lol: Can't wait to get in and see my doc.

Right now I get around 900-1100 calories a day. I was staying around 700-900 a day and barely losing. I get 60-70 (sometimes up to 80) grams of Protein and that's the only thing I watch other than calorie count.

My dr told me to avoid calorie counting right now (I tend to obsess!). I am just making smarter choices and occasionally tracking my Protein to see where I am with that. I have never done the low carb thing so I am not sure where I would be with those.

I don't know what that means the burst from ketosis. Can you explain?

Sorry Michelle, didn't mean to be so slow responding. Ketosis happens when your carbs are really low, 20-40g a day. Because you're not getting it from outside sources your body burns fat and muscle to produce it. It's basically Adkins diet. I just lose pretty fast that way. But it does have lots of side effects - my mouth and breath - ewww. It's basically what my doctor has us doing for about 6 months. I have been having a hard time with the carbs - love em too much. Anyway, I'd love to be able to force myself back into ketosis for a month or so. Losing about 3 pounds a week but I'm so impatient.

I had to go see my nutritionist because I was having a hard time figuring out good healthy ways to get more Iron. I had a bad Iron deficiency for the last few weeks. We talked it over and she mentioned she thought I was lacking in more areas as well. She and my surgeon both said not to diet. Just make healthy choices. Of course my nut. made some suggestions. She said to eat a slice of citrus fruit with all of my meals containing meat because it helps with the absorption of the iron in the meat. Wow! I never would have thought of that. She is great.

Anyway, it depends how I feel but I can eat anywhere from 900 to 1300 calories per day. 900 being right after a fill because I get full SUPER fast and I'm typically not hungry at all. Also depends how tight I feel that day... Regardless I'm losing pounds at least three out of four weeks per month.

She also suggestion strength training every OTHER day. Your muscles actually act as an agent to burning more calories during the day.

I had to go see my nutritionist because I was having a hard time figuring out good healthy ways to get more Iron. I had a bad Iron deficiency for the last few weeks. We talked it over and she mentioned she thought I was lacking in more areas as well. She and my surgeon both said not to diet. Just make healthy choices. Of course my nut. made some suggestions. She said to eat a slice of citrus fruit with all of my meals containing meat because it helps with the absorption of the iron in the meat. Wow! I never would have thought of that. She is great.

Anyway, it depends how I feel but I can eat anywhere from 900 to 1300 calories per day. 900 being right after a fill because I get full SUPER fast and I'm typically not hungry at all. Also depends how tight I feel that day... Regardless I'm losing pounds at least three out of four weeks per month.

She also suggestion strength training every OTHER day. Your muscles actually act as an agent to burning more calories during the day.

I have a hard time eating citrus, but I think I will try it. But the other thing that I noticed about your post, is that you say you are losing 3-4 lbs a month. I know that is the healthy way, but I really see me losing that amount is a failure. I want more than that! I should learn to be more patient.

I have a hard time eating citrus, but I think I will try it. But the other thing that I noticed about your post, is that you say you are losing 3-4 lbs a month. I know that is the healthy way, but I really see me losing that amount is a failure. I want more than that! I should learn to be more patient.

No, no! I said I'm losing weight 3-4 weeks out of the month (because of TOM). I'm actually losing an average of 3.5 pounds per week.

I'm eating between 1000 and 1200 calories a day and losing 8-10 pounds per month. I've only had one fill but I seem to have decent restriction (I get stuck fairly easily if I eat too much or too fast.) :lol:

I also do strength training (Curves) five to six times a week. I work the machines hard three times a week and concentrate more on aerobics the other two or three times. I think that has had a lot to do with my weight loss success. I shoot for 80-90 grams of Protein, under 50 grams of fat, and whatever carbs there is room for, (veggies, Beans, sweet potato, etc.) It is usually 65-80 grams of carb. I eat very little bread and Pasta. I track everything on "The Daily Plate"